Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apdatla
Viewer

CCSP exam retake

Do I have to pay for every attempt I make for CCSP exam or DO I get 3 attempts to pass in 1 year.

How does the retake policy work for CCSP?

18 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@apdatla Every exam take is full price. Individuals may sit for the exam up to three time in a 12-month period. Please see the excerpt from the (ISC)² website below regarding the retake policy.

For the CCSP and HCISPP:

• If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 90 days.
  • If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
  • If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

GJ
Viewer

hi,

I took my CCSP in March 26, 2018 and was not able to clear. Am I eligible to retake the exam on June 23, 2018?

thanks

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @GJ

Please take a look at @amandavanceISC2's reply below for an answer. The date that you mentioned is not a full 90 days from when you first took the exam, so you will not be eligible for a retake at that date. 

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

Every exam take is full price. Individuals may sit for the exam up to three time in a 12-month period. Please see the excerpt from the (ISC)² website below regarding the retake policy.

For the CCSP and HCISPP:

• If you don’t pass the exam the first time, you can retest after 90 days.
  • If you don’t pass a second time, you can retest after an additional 90 days.
  • If you don’t pass a third time, you can retest after 180 days from your most recent exam attempt.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
denbesten
Community Champion

cissp704
Viewer II

to be clear, it's not 30 days its 90 days before you can retake after the first time?

amandavanceISC2

@cissp704 Yes, that is correct. For the CCSP, the retake is 90/90/180 and no more than 3 times in one calendar year. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

snuppie911
Viewer II

I failed the CCSP exams today and tried booking it again and nothing stopped me! Where does this 90days rule apply? is it when I get to the exam centre or...?

snuppie911
Viewer II

I failed the CCSP exams today and tried booking it again and nothing stopped me! Where does this 90days rule apply? is it when I get to the exam centre or...?
amandavanceISC2

@snuppie911 You may register for your next attempt at any time; however, if you pick a date that is within the 90-day time frame, it will stop you from registering. If you picked a date outside of that window, you will be able to complete the scheduling. Please note, if you did schedule for a date that is within the 90-day time frame (if the system didn't catch it), this is a violation of the (ISC)² code of ethics. If that is the case, you will need to reschedule the exam right away for a date outside of the retake policy. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance