cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer II

CCSP - Prerequisites

Hello everyone,

 

I am interested in starting a certification which helps me to learn about cloud, but since its fundamentals. I was checking different videos about certifications and they mention AWS and Azure but, I am not interested in working on any specific vendor. So my question is, does CCSP cover cloud since its fundamentals? for a person who only understands the basic concepts?

 

Thanks,

 

PQ.

8 Replies
Advocate I

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites

Yes, the CCSP curriculum will teach you the fundamentals of the cloud. How can you be expected to secure something if you don't understand the thing you're trying to secure in the first place?

 

This is the current exam outline:

 

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CCSP-Exam-Outline.ashx

 

Then next month it will change to this:

 

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CCSP-DCO.ashx

 

However, I wouldn't recommend that someone who has no hands-on experience with the cloud take the CCSP exam. As with all ISC2 exams it does feature questions that you'll need to use real-world experience to answer.

 

One of the best things about AWS and Azure (and probably GCP etc.), is you can learn them at home on your own with just a book and a credit card. As it's pay as you go and is effectively charged based on usage, test environments shouldn't cost a lot to setup and play with.

 

Tags (1)
Newcomer II

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites

Thanks a lot for your reply @AlecTrevelyan. Honestly, I think I will need more guidance on this... but I am not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions. I want to learn fundamentals about the Cloud but I have no hands-on experience. I have been looking for videos or guides but everything points to having a working lab at least which I don't have... so I was thinking about starting with an open certification like ISC2's.

 

Any recommendation will be much appreciated. Thanks.

 

Pablo.

Contributor III

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites


@Pquesadaz wrote:

I want to learn fundamentals about the Cloud but I have no hands-on experience. I have been looking for videos or guides but everything points to having a working lab at least which I don't have...


Think about it, you use cloud native applications everyday on your phone! Whether you are interested in application security, cloud infrastructure or even DevSecOps you can work with a FREE tier account (limited in services and time generally to 12 months) on AWS, Azure, Alibaba, or GCP. Learn from the source. Start building knowledge and skill today! There are lots of architecture and software design patterns that you can explore. Build a foundation then specialize in what interests you.

Tags (1)
Contributor III

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites


@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

 

This is the current exam outline:

 

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CCSP-Exam-Outline.ashx

 

Then next month it will change to this:

 

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CCSP-DCO.ashx

 


Is there a significant delta in the required knowledge between the blueprints?

Tags (1)
Advocate I

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites


@Pquesadaz wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply @AlecTrevelyan. Honestly, I think I will need more guidance on this... but I am not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions. I want to learn fundamentals about the Cloud but I have no hands-on experience. I have been looking for videos or guides but everything points to having a working lab at least which I don't have... so I was thinking about starting with an open certification like ISC2's.

 

Any recommendation will be much appreciated. Thanks.

 

Pablo.


My personal recommendation would be to start by learning AWS as it's by far the market leader.

 

Everything you need to get started can be found here:

 

https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/

 

Advocate I

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites


@AppDefects wrote:

 

Is there a significant delta in the required knowledge between the blueprints?

 

No, it doesn't seem so - not from what I can tell by a cursory review of the two exam outlines anyway.

 

Advocate I

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites

@Pquesadaz 

 

I just noticed there's a cloud basics course being offered by the PDI:

 

https://learn.isc2.org/d2l/home/7686

 

While you won't get a certification out of it you will at least start to learn some of the basic concepts.

 

Newcomer I

Re: CCSP - Prerequisites

CPE Credit for Prep and Passing Other Certification Exams
 
 

Can you obtain CPE credit for passing like AWS ,Google GCP security exam?eg professional cloud security. aws certifiied security security ...

If so, which Group (A or B) and how many CPE credits?