cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagarajan
Contributor I

CCSP Preparation 2018

Hello CCSP aspirants,

I couldn't find an open discussion on preparation for CCSP so I am creating this new post. I welcome all who are preparing for CCSP exam and also those who have passed the exam and would like to give their valuable input for preparation for the exam, useful information on cloud, inputs based on your experience on cloud security and anything that helps a security professional to excel in cloud security space.

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
15 Replies
cloudifykaz
Viewer II

Hi Raj, I am ready to join you as i am working towards the CCSP

cloudifykaz
Viewer II

I am using 2 books CCSP OHara and CCSP CBK Gordon.Apart from that NIST etc
nagarajan
Contributor I

Hi Kaustav,

Glad to hear that you are interested. Let's catch up and go from there, my phone number is . Please share your contact number and feel free to call anytime. We will plan on the time that we can talk and share what we learnt and anything on the preparation.

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
TXWayne
Newcomer II

I passed the CCSP exam in late December of last year. I had taken a Training Camp 5 day prep course in mid October and then did nothing study wise before the exam because.....well life and work. Was relatively certain I would fail but I think years of experience in IT, security, and infrastructure helped a lot. Last month I participated in a CCSP exam item writing workshop in Tampa and it was really a great learning experience. I was great to see the process behind creating the questions. Gives me a new respect for the process. I have seen some post about some grand conspiracy of "them" writing questions to cause you to fail. Could not be further from the truth and I assure you whenever one of my questions hits the exam it will be relevant and readable.
AladdinSane
Newcomer I

Hi All - 

I am currently preparing for the CCSP and using as one of my primary source the "CCSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests".  I am seeing many questions coming straight out of the CISSP realm, and material that was not necessarily covered in the 'CCSP Study Guide' book.  

Can anyone who has taken the test confirm that CISSP knowledge is required, and to what extent?   Can one assume that all CISSP-related knowledge valid in a cloud environment is fair game?  Thank You

dfcooktx
Newcomer I

Yes, you are correct in that it's expected that some of the CISSP CBK is expected of you for the CCSP.  I recently participated in the CCSP Bootcamp at this years 2018 ISC Congress.  The instructor stated that it's expected that you already have some of that knowledge as a foundation.  For example concepts of encryption methods, data classification, identity access management, etc. are a given.

You can check the ISC site page and download the CCSP FAQ.  I found it informative.