Highlighted
Newcomer II

CCSP-Passed!

Guys Passed my CCSP Yesterday!

My prep details:

1. Official CCSP Study Guide

2. Official ISC2 CBK

3. Ben's Exam official questions

I have 12 year of secuirty experiance which was the number one help. The test is not for people who memorize things, you need deep understanding of the topics. Hope it helps. 

14 Replies
Highlighted
(ISC)² Former Staff

Re: CCSP-Passed!

Congratulations, @akhan1!! 

giphy

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Thanks Samantha! 

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Congratulations on passing the CCSP.

I have been preparing for 2 months now and would like to give the test in 2-3 weeks. However, I wasn't able to find much info on how well the books (I purchased the ISC2's Official CBK, ISC2's Official study guide, ISC2's Official Practice Tests & All-In-One) can prepare one for this exam. With full time jobs and families to care for, we cannot prepare for this ($600/expensive) exam indefinitely.

I completed all the chapter practice Qs in CBK, Study Guide & AIO so far with over 80% accuracy (with the exception of Domain 6: Legal And Compliance issues.....you'll see why below!)

What worries me is Qs like these from the CBK, Practice tests that seem to test one's memory of the standards:

What is the frst international set of privacy controls in the cloud?
a. ISO/IEC 27032
b. ISO/IEC 27005

c. ISO/IEC 27002
d. ISO/IEC 27018

What is domain A.16 of the ISO 27001:2013 standard?
a. Security Policy Management
b. Organizational Asset Management
c. System Security Management
d. Security Incident Management

Have you seen such Qs on the actual test or are they more real-life/practical scenario based that test our ability to have a holistic view of Cloud Security, rather than test for ability to memorize Laws/Regulations that can be easily looked up? Could you please share the best way to test readiness for the actual exam, so that I can schedule the test based on my accuracy on a representative practice test. For ex: is the performance on the Ben's Exam official questions a good proxy for the performance on the actual exam?

Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Hello CCSP Preper!

As the confdentaility of the exam I can not coment on the exam content or how it is developed. But I assure you that I had exactly the same feelings/anxiety you have right now. But if you have a deep understaining of the topics then you will pass it. Also it depend on your experiance and past test (for example CISSP) is a big help.

You need to score 700\1000 so if you miss few questions here and there but you can still pass it. 

Some of the questions are straight forward but others were really twisted. Its look like you are well prepared and  like yourself, I prepared for amlost three months and was scoring around 85-90% on the book CBK/official exam questions so I decided to go for exam. I mean there was a time when I could not handle the prep! anymore (as you mentioned, we have lives out side of work :-)) and there is no 100 % statisfactory prep anyway.

What I will recomend that take your full 4 hours time, read every question very carefully, allow yourself one hour for review/revisit. Flag the question/s for review if you have even a slight doubt and revisit. The exam was challaneging but not crazy difficult (that what expect for these type of exam). 

I hope it helps and good luck for the exam!