cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveLavoie
Newcomer III

CCSP CBK 1st or 2nd edition

Hi!

Is there a lot of difference between 1st and 2nd edition of the CCSP CBK ? I can read the 1st edition through Safaribooksonline, but not the 2nd.

As the the 2nd edition was release so fast after the 1st, I bet that the 1st edition was awful? Am I right ?

5 Replies
darie17
Newcomer II

As far as I know, people say that the 1st edition has plenty of errors and mistakes, which I cannot confirm because I only read the 2nd edition. Have a look on Amazon at what readers said. But in the end, if doubt it that the 1st edition is so much worse than the 2nd edition...

Regarding the content: in the 2nd edition there are some aspects which might be missing from the 1st one, for example with regard to legal and compliance (which tends to change very often).

Cheers,

darie17

JoePete
Advocate I

I bet you are going to have a hard time getting a good answer; if someone bought one, they likely didn't buy the other.

I can't speak to the first edition, but I found the second a bit sloppy in parts - inconsistent use of terms, things like that. Also I found the content organized awkwardly. While I understand the motivation to make a separate cloud certification, it should really be rolled into the CISSP given the prevalence of the cloud in today's environments. Similarly, as much as someone might understand the cloud, we are still accessing these services via traditional systems and networks. The broader concepts - governance, risk, compliance - apply equally to the cloud and traditional environments.

SteveLavoie
Newcomer III

Thanks all!

I will read the 1st edition on Safaribooksonline, and i will try to put my hand on the second edition if not expensive.

I just passed the CISSP on Nov 16th, and I tried to study for CCSP. Content is so similar I had to stop and I will wait until January because it feel so the same. I think the idea to have a separate certification from CISSP is mostly to give intermediate certification before doing CISSP.   As Comptia as the A+, Network+, Sec+ series.. they would like to have a series like SSCP -- xxxxx --- CISSP. Where xxxx could be CCSP or other ISC(2).

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Steve!

The 2nd edition features clearer diagrams, plus refined explanations based on extensive expert input. The subject matter is not vastly different from the 1st edition, though.

Hope that helps! Best of luck studying!
userblei
Newcomer II

Recommend this one for preparing the exam , CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide.   

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9781119419372