Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viewer II

CCFP

So as one of the co-authors of the CCFP, I was quite surprised that (ISC)2 was killing the certification, and it would be a really good idea to see exactly why this was.

It is actually quite sad because the concept was good, but I think what was needed was more input from actual digital forensics practitioners to make it actually relevant.

Is there anyway that this process could be revived or rebooted?

Tags (2)
11 Replies
Highlighted
Viewer

Re: CCFP

I am also sad and have tried to book training for CCFP for about a year now.
Highlighted
Viewer

I was excited to see (ISC)2 embracing the Forensics field and offering a certification.  Although I was doing forensics full time when the cert was introduced, I did not qualify to write the exam at that time.

So, I put it on the back burner, where it has stayed.

Highlighted
Viewer II

I was contemplating the idea of going forward with the CCFP certification to aggregate to my master's in computer forensics.  it is news to me that ISC2 is killing this cert.  Do they intend to replace it with an alternate forensics certs or will they just be dropping it?  

Newcomer I

This is the reply I received from ISC2 when I sent them a not so gentle argument email about this issue of dropping the CCFP:

"Hello Robert,

Thank you for your email and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately this decision has been finalized and we wouldn’t be able to change the mind of our board.

I will certainly express your concerns to the correct individuals, but I can’t offer a resolution at this time.

I hope this helps, should you have any further questions please contact me.

Best Regards,

Thaddeus Feldhouse
Customer Service Coordinator
(ISC)², Inc."

...I had stated to them that:

"I should have seen the writing on the wall when ISC2 started pushing the CCSP even when the ISO standards were not even completed, being only released in 2015 (ISO 27017). The NIST definition was only completed in 2011/12 yet your CCSP is asking practitioners to have 5 years’ experience. It doesn’t make sense to support the CCSP standard yet drop the CCFP standard.

Without CCFP practitioners you cannot enforce CCSP standards in the field!"

Rob Scharf

CISSP member #34200