Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgay
Newcomer I

CAP Certification Exam

Is the current CAP Certification Exam in alignment with the NIST 800-37 V1 or V2?  If it is still on V1, when is the date that it will include the V2?

21 Replies
ToniHahn
Contributor I

It is still on rev1 as rev 2 just came out as final on 12/20/2018. We never use any draft publications as references. A new exam has not been published at this time. Keep an eye on the website as new exam announcements are usually done about 6 months before hand. We will have notice on the CAP page, as well as two outlines for candidates taking the exam before and after any changes. Once effective date is reached for the change of the exam, we remove the reference and only run with the new exam outline.

jgay
Newcomer I

Thank you.

ToniHahn
Contributor I

anytime 🙂
Ed1
Viewer

It is now 27Feb19 and I am wondering if the CAP cert exam is still based on 800-37 rev1 or on rev 2.  Could you please provide a link to where I might find the information about the test and what it is based on?

Any help would be appreciated.

ToniHahn
Contributor I

You can always download the latest exam outline here https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CAP (go to 2 and then click Download the CAP Exam Outline for a deeper dive into the CAP domains.)  

The exam is still based on the rev1.  Since the rev2 just came out in December as final.  Items are being written to it since it became final.  Items do not get written and then popped into an exam immediately.  

I have read the new one and yes it may seem different (different format) but in fact it is the same with the only big difference is that it includes privacy in there now. (and yes I am a CAP and my history is DCID 6/3 DITSCAP, DIACAP and RMF.  I even taught RMF and was a Navy Validator.)  

bizzle09
Newcomer I

Hello,

The reference guide for the CAP exam on the website is the NIST 800-37 Rev 2. Does this means that the exam is currently based on the new revision? 

ToniHahn
Contributor I

I replied to your comment under the member services thread about this same item but here it is again

I work in Exams and want to say that the references listed are just an item put out there to help candidates. This is not the total list. It only the top 5 references used in each domain. We try to keep the list with the most current version out there as on a next update of the exam, we will have made sure all items have the most current version.  This is to maintain our exams with any changes that may be out there.   

ShadowPunch07
Newcomer II

Hello bizzle! Were you studying for the ISC2 CAP? Did you want to join my study group? Just PM me and I'll add you!!

Hhe
Viewer II

Hello. I was wondering whether now that It’s October 2019 the current CAP Certification Exam in alignment with the NIST 800-37 V1 or V2? If it is still on V1, is there any way to find out when it will change to V2? Thanks so much!