cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerald-victor
Newcomer II

Boson practice exam

Dear all, 

I have been preparing myself to give the CISSP exam for some months now. I have done the entire study based on online class training, referred to the Sybex Official study guide, & Sybex practice tests.  Some of my friends have adviced me to take up the Boson practice exam (750 Questions) to really judge if I am all good and ready to take the plunge into the real exam.

I am told, this test is a near equal to the actual exam and better than any other practice test thats currently available in the market today.  I look forward to take your candid opinion, if this is a 'definite must' for anyone preparing for the CISSP exam or this is just another couple of practice questions,  which wouldnt really matter if I didnt sign up for it. Thanks in anticipation for your guidance and advice. Cheers

10 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

My notes would be of little use to you.  Firstly, they're in my handwriting which even I find hard to read occasionally, so I don't have them electronically.  Secondly, you've missed the point, in that it is the act of processing the information in the CBKs so that you can condense it down that aids the learning process.  Just passively reading the material or a summary of the material won't get you there.  Your attention will drift within 20 minutes of opening the textbook.  So what you probably need to do, is read the chapter or part thereof, take 5 minutes, do the self test, take 5 minutes, score the self test and check your correct/incorrect answers, take 5 minutes, get out your notepad and force yourself to precis a CBK down to 4 pages of handwritten text, taking 5 minutes every half hour.  Then reread your notes, take 5 minutes, then do another self test.  Then investigate anything you got incorrect, go back and reread those parts of the CBK and annotate your notes. 

And so on until you get through all the CBKs.

This is to take advantage of the consolidation effects of taking a break rather than staring at a textbook page. You could even try studying different CBKs in different locations, as a different location can aid recall.

Another reason for doing it on paper is to remove all distractions.  You can't go surfing the net or playing with your smartphone if you're sat on your own with just a text book, pen and paper.

Hope that makes sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS