Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer III

BoD Election window closing

If you're an (ISC)2 member, and you want to see a woman as one of the choices on the all-male BoD election ballot, then you need to email your Name, email address (the one that's registered with (ISC)2) and your certification number to :

dlcontesti@gmail.com - Website: https://sites.google.com/site/dlcpetitionboard/home and/or

Marilyn.Moux@gmail.com - Website: http://linkedin.com/in/marilynmoux

and you need to do it NOW! (Sunday night is too late)

6 Replies
Advocate I

Re: BoD Election window closing

Supporting the petition process sends a clear message to the (ISC)2 Board of Directors that they got it wrong in the selection process where they examined the eligibility and credentials of 40 candidates. When I read these profiles and the underlying expressions of intent I'm not convinced that they did.

Newcomer III

@AppDefects wrote:

Supporting the petition process sends a clear message to the (ISC)2 Board of Directors that they got it wrong in the selection process where they examined the eligibility and credentials of 40 candidates. When I read these profiles and the underlying expressions of intent I'm not convinced that they did.

It certainly does (as it did when a number of previous board members successfully ran as petitioners). 

I'm not aware that the profiles and underlying expressions of intent have been published yet. Do you have some sort of inside track having had access to read them?

My understanding is that the profiles and expressions of intent would only be available to the board at this time!

Community Champion

@AppDefects wrote:

Just wondering if you would care to share the link that the information on candidates and their expressions of intent is?  The (ISC)2 web page states that the biographies and platforms would be shared soon.

Advocate I

@dcontesti wrote:

@AppDefects wrote:

Just wondering if you would care to share the link that the information on candidates and their expressions of intent is?  The (ISC)2 web page states that the biographies and platforms would be shared soon.

Don't know why people are so nervous about that statement since the links were shared by @TrickyDicky. and the prospective petitioners themselves. 

We have two petitioners. One has a LinkedIn profile (work/experience biography) and another with a Website that clearly enumerates their background and intentions if elected. To me that constitutes an election platform and campaign. I find both profiles hard to follow and unconvincing as to why I should go out on a limb and make an endorsement, except for standing up for women's rights and diversity, which obviously I will do.

Community Champion

@AppDefects wrote:
Board ... examined ... 40 candidates. When I read these profiles

I suspect this is being interpreted as you having found the profiles for the eight (out of 40) endorsed candidates, not just the two petition candidates.

go out on a limb and make an endorsement.

Not really an "endorsement" in that nobody but Diana/Marilyn and the (ISC)² auditors see the petitions.  The sole effect of signing the petition is that 10 people show up on the ballot instead of 8.

They candidates still have to earn your vote, which is the truly "important" part and the underlying reason that others are so interested in the information for all 8 (or 10) candidates.

Newcomer III

So based on one expression of interest (Ms Contesti's) @AppDefects is convinced that the board 100% made the right choice in picking the best 12 candidates for shortlist, and the best 8 candidates for the slate. Fair dues.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical and mistrusting, but I find it strange that the board isn't publishing the other candidates profiles and expressions of interest until after the petitioning has closed. This is the first year I remember that being the case.  "Something is rotten in the State of Denmark" (with apologies to Flemming and all other Danes). 

It seems to me that the Board and others are making a concerted effort to offer a limited choice to the membership (it's almost as if they don't trust us to "make the right choice"). Whether or not Ms Contesti or Ms Moux get enough votes to be elected is a completely other matter for a completely other discussion, but I support their right to at least be able to run a campaign. In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "and that's all i have to say about that"