Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EKeller2284
Newcomer I

Any recent CCSP Pass?

I searched but have t seen many recently. Would love to hear your experience and preparation.
6 Replies
sgtjyf01
Newcomer I

Just passed my CCSP earlier this week.

Did my initial preps on PluralSight and ISC2 Official guide by Sybex.

Subnetwork
Newcomer III

Most are failing this exam, the majority of my study group members are first-time CISSP passers, but have failed the CCSP. One member even failed CCSP twice.... We had two members take it earlier this week and also failed.

sgtjyf01
Newcomer I

IMHO, you can get away with passing the CISSP by having sufficient work experience and burying yourself into the official study guides and practice tests.

Strangely though with CCSP, you probably need a fair amount of networking experience especially on the SOC or NOC front as well. The official ISC2 books are good for learning the basics but they are insufficient to pass the exams.
Subnetwork
Newcomer III

We had a member with years of cloud experience, who was also a CISSP and failed the CCSP. Like I said, before late last year, people were passing left and right, now not so much. 

One would assume since CISSP waives all requirements for the CCSP, and requires CPE's that the CCSP wouldn't be more difficult than the CISSP.

sgtjyf01
Newcomer I

The CPEs for all intents and purposes can be applied to both certifications.

Haven't obviously seen how the exams last year looks like. But I can say I was certain I would fail when I ended the exams. It definitely was difficuit.

A lot had to do with the way some of the questions were asked. A lot of technical and logical statement were used in the questions, so you really have to read the questions carefully. Non native English speakers will find it even more challenging.
kanthie
Viewer II

Is ISC2 Online instructor led training will help to on board the ISc2 boat?

am reading ISC2 official books and planning to write exam soon. please share your inputs, it will help me a lot