Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helmoshrify
Newcomer I

After 1 year studying CISSP i failed WHY

I am communication engineer with MSc in wireless networks , with 15 years experience in Aviation IT , PMP , ITIL certified , 80% of my work related to networks , ICT. i used information security in my work but not full time. i studied authorized book of ISC of mike chapple very well covering 8 domains , i answered more than 1800 Questions , 1 month dedicated studying before exam. but after all of this i failed , during the exam i found many many of questions i didnt understand what they are asking for ? i didnt understand the concept , i never saw may questions before. i need your advise what is my mistake ? how i can pass this exam ? do i need book camp or another materials or more questions from where ?

many thanks for your support 
9 Replies
EmreAtes
Newcomer III

hello, im upset about your result but, the exam is comprehensively prepared for you to catch what is the true idea behind the scene. i can give a couple of recommendations about, if you like, the very fist chapter we must understand the basics, idea, why do we need security, program or policies ,procedures, enterprise arch. why do we need tehm.
secondly after having insight and belief by knowing the rules, you must think always the public safety or affect on as most possible people, process. the idea is everyones gain about the situation right?.
and lastly prepare yourself as being director or ciso role, what is my responsibilty, my decision not only based my knowledge but also expertise, comprehensive aspects of each view, then at least 5000 questions answered having &80 and over , bbest regards
Helmoshrify
Newcomer I

Many thanks  for your comments .

yes , report saying that 2 Domains are BELOW PROFICIENCY LEVEL . 5 DOMAINS ARE PROFICIENCY LEVEL , ONLY 1 DOMAIN ABOVE PROFICIENCY LEVEL 
i dont understand my performance is good here or no , is the pass score is near proficiency or above proficiency ?
please advise ?
also from where i can get 5000 questions to test myself. i already finished all books of mike chapple CBT and exams book ? . many thanks 

Hossam 

denbesten
Community Champion

@Helmoshrify wrote:

i don't understand if my performance is good

See the Scoring FAQ for the official explaination:

Q:

What is the passing proficiency level for adaptive testing?

A:
The proficiency is defined here as “passing standard.” Candidates must score above the proficiency level in all Domains in order to pass the exam.

• Below proficiency – below the passing standard
  • Near proficiency – close to the passing standard
  • Above proficiency – above the passing standard
Helmoshrify
Newcomer I

many thanks for the text is not very clear for me.

i understand i have 2 domains below

1 domain above 

and 5 domains NEAR ? nears means what up & down ? 

if i have 8 domains with NEAR that means i pass the exam or no ? very tricky ?

denbesten
Community Champion

"Near" means you failed the domain, but you were close to passing.

EmreAtes
Newcomer III

sure, since you are already familiar concepts, cia, bia, but may be you missed the idea behind the scene like, is this the situation that everyone has a benefit from your decision, is it completely solve or resolve situation or just you may expected to do so?. i think sybex and shon harris books are great (both are 8th ed.) also mike chapple and david miller is good. safari books may help lots of questions about cissp.

also which domains you are below proficient, i think you may not concantrate well enough to catch the main idea like, what is the most, weakest, except one like questions. since those are not technically solved they exercise how you precise and careful you are, is concentration is well enough to make right decision in short time durations, also felt like under pressure, best regards
Jneely10
Viewer

Best success I have seen, and I have had to get more than a dozen of my employees certified and myself, is a boot camp. But shop around because some are better than others. Sounds like you have the foundation, you need the fine tuning. Certain boot camps will give you a free voucher to retake and let you sit the class again if needed for a year for free. So if you test and fail, you will know the areas you really need to focus, and the instructors are great to break it down in such a way the light bulb goes off and you get it.
AmmarHasayen
Viewer II

I am sorry you failed your exam. But this should not be a reason for you to give up, but to learn from the experience. You now have the advantage of knowing how the real exam looks like and you can go back to the material and try to work on your knowledge gap.

Here is my three months CISSP study plan along with my tips on how to pass the CISSP exam that you might find useful: https://blog.ahasayen.com/cissp-exam-study-plan/

ericgeater
Community Champion

I hadn't really thought of that. Thanks for the explanation / exposition.
--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."