cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Re: A (long) post with some advice, tips and opinion on the CISSP exam

Hi,

Thanks for answering. I totally understand that the test bank cannot be published, and that the people that writes questions is different from the ones that write and teach training materials. That is basically separation of duties and prevents fraud (for example, somebody that 'filters' the exam questions he has written to his students). Needless to say, I think that is a necessary control.

However, is the NDA signed and the ethics code what prevents candidates to publish questions s/he has encountered in the exam. I must confess I do not remember any question, because my memory is more than deficient.

In any case, I think that the fact that there are not public real exam questions is a good thing and a psychological factor to take into account, that forces the candidate to manage expectations accordingly.

I hope this helps to clarify my original explanation.

Best regards,

Manuel
Highlighted
Community Champion

Just two comments on question styles. As far as I am aware,

1. ISC2 tries hard not to make the questions as reading comprehensions, thus questions are typically brief and right to the point

2. ISC2 also avoids as much as possible to use negative questions, like “which is NOT ...”, let alone double negatives. Again, ISC2 tries not to test your English, rather your knowledge 

l have to applaud the test developers’ efforts on abiding by these design guidelines.

Very good indeed - thank you on behalf of the community

Regards

Caute_cautim
Highlighted
Newcomer II

According to my experience, I totally agree with you. I didn't encountered any tricky wording, double negatives, weird grammatical structures, etc.
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Congrats to you!  I also passed on Friday!  It is an exhilarating experience, which honestly is a 1,000 lb weight taken off, from all the amount of effort that is put towards it.  Wow... what a Journey.

Great post, tips and feedback.  I will share mine also soon.