Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papoose
Viewer

The Future of Cyber Security

Getting your tool box ready for the future? What is your opinion of tools needed and Certificates to get ready for the future of Cyber Security.

2 Replies
austin15
Viewer III

Great question indeed. The biggest "tool" I can think of is the attitude of never stop learning. Always ask the question how and/or why something works the way it does.  Be curious. 

I am pretty new in starting out my career in cyber security and am working on certificates but found that to truly be a subject matter expert (SME) you have to be adaptable and willing to change how you view something. 

Keelan_Stewart
Newcomer II

I agree with austin15 - a willingness and drive to learn are the most important part of being in cybersecurity due to the fast pace at which things change. My approach to certifications right now is to get one from each of the major groups - (ISC)2, ISACA, EC-Council, SANS, etc. I do this so I can be in different groups of people with different focuses, which helps me learn more or look at things a different way. While there are some “biggies” in the cert world (like the CISSP) it’s more important to go for ones that interest you and help you have a niche, rather than just going for ones that you “should have.”