We want to be able to help you job searchers in your quest for a new gig. We want to connect practitioners in the community. I have some tips:
1. No need to replay how hard it can be to find a new gig. We know.
Keep your posts positive, and ask for any hook-ups, leads, and introductions. Start by looking to see if we have an opportunity that interests you.
2. No need to complain about how so many business leaders, IT staff, or employees don't understand InfoSec. We know.
In fact, working for an organization where YOU are the new cyber-security guru can be rewarding. It's like taking over as head coach of the Cleveland Browns. There's no way but up!
3. Reach out to people you know and respect for mentoring. Don't start with the "I need a new job" line. Begin by asking for advice.
4. When you get a new job, let the world know, and let us celebrate with you. You can be a guide and an inspiration for others.
5. Once you are employed, make sure you try to help others on the same journey.