Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Open positions for IT Security First Responder Tampa, FL or San Antonio, TX

Refreshing this post.  The position is open and accepting applications as of 11/20.

If you have any issues accessing the post, feel free to message me here.

https://www.digitalhands.com/careers

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe050c3a-9fb1-4565-...

POSITION SUMMARY:  

Working within the Digital Hands Operations Center, the IT Security First Responder acts as the initial point of contact for customer calls and performing Level 1 triage within a Network Operations (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) environment. Daily tasks include monitoring alarms and responding to alerts coming from a wide variety of IT and networking systems, including security and network infrastructure, servers, and appliances. First Responders are also responsible for initial response to alerts from firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, and Host-Based Security tools. The applicant must possess a sound understanding of desktops, servers, networking, and security concepts. This role reports to the Supervisor, IT Security Operations. 

PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Work in a shift-based call center environment, handling in-bound support calls, creating and remediating incident tickets through the service management platform. 
  • Respond to health and availability alerts generated by monitoring and management platforms, customer email requests and queries, remediating or escalating as required. 
  • Respond to Security Alerts based on severity and risk. 
  • Run analytical queries within SIEM (multiple platforms) and endpoint security solutions. 
  • Reference open source resource and Threat Intel in identification of malicious activity. 
  • Implement Firewall Blocks. 
  • Perform Scheduled checks of network infrastructure and security appliances (SEOG/NEOG). 
  • Communicate with customers via email and telephone. 
  • Embrace opportunities to enhance and improve process workflows and the customer experience.  
  • Other duties as assigned. 

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:  

• A keen interest in security and the need for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems to be maintained. 
  • Skills and training to support security and networking equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, and other related infrastructure.  
  • Working knowledge of networking concepts and remote access protocols such as LANs/WANS, VPNs, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, HTTP, and FTP.  
  • Knowledge of Basic IT Security concepts. 
  • Excellent organizational and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. 
  • Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills. 
  • Capability of learning and performing all the activities that everyone on the shift does. 

EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:   

• Bachelor's Degree and/or minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an information technology role or education. 
  • Understanding of network security attacks, vectors and network protocols including TCP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, HTTP, and FTP. 
  • Skills and training to support security and networking equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, and other related infrastructure. 
  • Experience managing Microsoft Windows desktop and server Anti-Virus and Advanced End Point Protection solutions. 
  • Professional certifications such as A+, Security+ and Network+, SANS/GIAC (GSEC), and/or equivalent are preferred.
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Open positions for IT Security First Responder Tampa, FL or San Antonio, TX

Telework available?

---
I've always said, "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."
Newcomer I

Hi Eric,

At the moment, everyone is teleworking.  I can't speak to how that will play out if/when the covid restrictions are lifted and things return to normal.

If you're interested, apply, and then the specifics can be discussed directly.

Best regards

Dan

Highlighted
Community Champion

Looks like the positions were filled! Thanks for the reply.
---
I've always said, "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."