Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viewer III

New CISSP for career direction

I just passed the exam (a pat on my shoulder! Smiley Happy) as my career primarily built on application support and maintenance delivery and management, never thought I could make it without relevant experience whatsoever. As there are not many opportunities in Asia yet, where and how to get a job to start this endeavour?
3 Replies
Viewer

Re: New CISSP for career direction

Hi, there and congratulations on passing the exam!
I can't speak about CISSP opportunities in Asia, however CISSP ,as a requirement, or at least a minimum requirement, is in many job descriptions for Information Security Engineer and higher up into management now these days. US DoD has approved CISSP as a baseline certification at IAT level III
Newcomer I

Well based on your own admission (quoted at the bottom of this text), I do not think you will actually be awarded the CISSP because you comment you don't have any relevant experience whatsoever. If you don't have the 5 years of experience, the best you could do is be awarded an Associate designation. I'm pretty sure though if you call yourself a CISSP or put yourself out there as one professionally before actually being awarded the designation,  you would be violating the Code of Ethics and would get permanently barred from ever being actually called a CISSP.

I might be wrong in my entire interpretation here, but if I am wrong, then I'm disappointed in the ISC2.

Passing the test is but one step in the journey. 

Ashl wrote:
I just passed the exam (a pat on my shoulder! Smiley Happy) as my career primarily built on application support and maintenance delivery and management, never thought I could make it without relevant experience whatsoever. 

David Howard, C|EH, MCSE
Www.dtig.net
@dtigcincy
Viewer III

I’m well aware. I should labeled myself as Associate. As a new member, I was introduced to this place as trusted community where I can seek guidance or mentorship on how to go abt getting the work experience.