cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Neurodiversity in the workforce

Hi All

How about some neurodiversity in the workforce or even the SOC?

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/why-adding-neurodiversity-to-the-cybersecurity-world-is-a-win-w...

Regards

Caute_Cautim

15 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@JackSussmilch   Thank you for your respnse.

How about doing a recorded Lecture for ISC2 on the subject, if you are motivated?

Earn some valuable CPE's at the same time and fantastic professional giveback opportunity.

This is a most interesting subject and coming from UK Govt myself, I understand why GCHQ would want such talented people.

I would certainly like to listen to your lecture and get my mind blown away.

Regards

Caute_cautim

JackSussmilch
Newcomer II

Hi,

I have found with this one thats its better done live than recorded.  Quite often it can raise issues for people who need to be pointed to the right resources ( tip - these are organisations and groups which do not use the the puzzle piece on their website).

I have had everything from people wanting to talk about someone they fired through to their neice/nephew or even people starting to wonder if they themselves might be neurodivergent.  I feel its important to ensure that if these things come up,  that they can be pointed in a constructive direction. 

This is particularly important right now as even just a google on Autism brings up the first to pages of google results which largely consist of grossly exploitative Autism industry organisations which often  have a grossly skewed perception of autism which focuses on boys,  not adults.

I will say this though,  having self aware neurodivergent people on your teams is a natural innoculation against groupthink.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
JackSussmilch
Newcomer II

Caute-cautim,

Feel free to hit me up on linkedin - maybe we can get a group of interested people together to make it more worthwhile. 

In the meantime,  this came out the other day - it's sure to help chip away at some of the stereotypes out there:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vice-admiral-nick-hine-to-be-blunt-autism-made-me-a-better-naval-....

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@JackSussmilch    Great thank you.

And by the way New Zealand won the America's Cup Sailing Race 7-3.

Regards

Caute_cautim

JackSussmilch
Newcomer II

Thanks for the update - we don't get the americas cup down here.  I think aussies might still be a bit sore about the Australia II boat sinking.... 😉

What was the joke at the time?  Oh that's right :

Q: Why does black magic have a glass hull?

Answer : So they can keep an eye on the competition

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Today is world Neurodiversity day!!

https://www.ibm.com/thought-leadership/passion-projects/neurodiversity

Have a good read of this piece and the storyline, and see why it is important to embrace those who think differently from ourselves.

Regards

Caute_cautim