Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farhanster
Newcomer I

Looking for an Entry level Job in Toronto

I have recently passed an exam and became "Associate", Since i don't have experience and don't know how else to look for a job, i would need some help. If anyone can offer me an entry level position in Toronto or can steer me to the right direction, i'd greatly appreciate that. I did apply many jobs but got no response. I have an MBA in IT and have passed the CISSP and CISA. 

Thanks

2 Replies

Have you tried LinkedIn or companies like Randstad/TekSystems/Modis/Zylog/etc? Your best bet might be to do something volunteer at the library and teach some kids about security with those Garfield instructional sets. If that goes well you could charge for it or for the materials, like workbooks, comics and stickers and do it at elementary schools, high schools, libraries etc and have a full schedule. Alternatively you could also do something with large organizations during their take kids to work days. I started out myself @ age 18 with IBM through Kelly Systems.. it only paid 16/hr but helped me while I got the decade of exp. I have now, took my CISSP last year but trained for it off and on. I hear a lot of people don't like the straight out of school with CISSP crowd but I commend you, sir. It is a difficult test to pass though when you start to work in the field you'll realize it was all relevant.

Andrew Galati, CISSP
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
farhanster
Newcomer I

Thanks Andrew for valuable feedback! Well, I can't afford to work as a volunteer for weeks as i have bills to pay. I have sent resume to pretty much everywhere, including USA.  I don't mind working in the US either , but i haven't had any luck yet. I am plan on going to a monthly meetup of TASK and see if i can get any lead. Thanks for kind words!