Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer I

Re: Listing Credentials on LinkedIn & Resumes

You nailed it Dr. Shelton.

Community Champion

Thankfully, I no longer have this issue for the moment. My endorsement process concluded successfully.

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Congratulations! 

Community Champion

Thanks! Now that basic training is over, the hard part has just begun! ;-)

Community Champion

> j_M007 (Contributor I) posted a new reply in Career on 07-24-2018 12:25 PM in

> Thanks! Now that basic training is over, the hard part has just begun! ;-)

Ah, Grasshopper, you approach wisdom! :-)

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
The drop of rain maketh a hole in the stone, not by violence, but
by oft falling. - Hugh Latimer
Agua mole com pedra dura tanto da ate que fura.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Contributor I

Mark, I have a co-worker who was advised to remove a similar line in his resume, with a similar result of being certified shortly after complying.
As a DOD contractor I have several security certifications, but your list is quite impressive...co-workers call me "The cert wh0re", but you bring it to a whole new level. You must be a master test taker, and very dedicated to amass such a list.
Advocate I

@Markonweb wrote:

Best, Mark
CISSP-ISSAP ISSEP ISSMP CAP CCSP CSSLP HCISPP SSCP CCISO CISM CRISC CISA FITSP-M FITSP-A FIP CIPP/G CIPP/US CIPM CIPT SCF CCSK ITIL-F Cloud+ Security+

How the heck do you find time to maintain all those certifications?

I'm drowning in CPEs and Renewal portals at about 10.  That's not even counting professional and alumni associations I have to renew.  Hell, I even accidentally let my motorcycle insurance lapse last winter.

Sincerely,

Eric B.

CISSP-ISSEP, CFE, A+ ce, Net+ ce, Sec+ ce, IT Project+, SFPC, DMC, DFE, CCI

Newcomer II

lol, well... my wife suggested I get a hobby and it was cheaper than that bright red classic vette... I had serious test anxiety that kept me from taking the CISSP exam for years. As a fed contractor, we had a recompete in 2014 that listed the CISSP as a requirement. I dove in and had no life for 2-3 months and came out of it with a pass. I was working as a self-taught security geek without a bachelors and with no certs. I was working without a net and I knew I needed to do something about it. After the CISSP, I just focused on things I wanted to learn and started from the edge of the puzzle working my way inward (while Father Time was pulling away puzzle pieces as those domains changed). Like others, recruiters started sending me linkedin invites after those letters appeared on my profile. A bachelors is on my radar but I'm having too much fun with the certification path right now... CEH and GCIH are the two exams I'm studying for now. SANS instructor extraordinaire John Strand framed the SEC 504 class as a 'purple' course. The hands-on red team/blue team mix is something I'm really enjoying right now. (the yummy chewy center of the puzzle).

Best, Mark
CISSP-ISSAP ISSEP ISSMP CAP CCSP CSSLP HCISPP SSCP CCISO CISM CRISC CISA FITSP-M FITSP-A FIP CIPP/G CIPP/US CIPM CIPT SCF CCSK ITIL-F Cloud+ Security+ AWS-SAA
Newcomer II

I hear you... it starts to get expensive and busy to keep up. I usually have one event each year that takes care of a chunk of the CPE requirements and is general enough/broad enough to put in the GroupA category for CPEs. The data entry is a pain but I print out the registration and agenda for each event and throw it in a binder until I'm ready to spend an hour on the CPE portals.

Congrats on the ISSEP Eric... the body of knowledge for that exam is quite the stack of paper.and the exam was a bear.

Best, Mark
CISSP-ISSAP ISSEP ISSMP CAP CCSP CSSLP HCISPP SSCP CCISO CISM CRISC CISA FITSP-M FITSP-A FIP CIPP/G CIPP/US CIPM CIPT SCF CCSK ITIL-F Cloud+ Security+ AWS-SAA
Contributor I

I returned from an overseas assignment in 2008, and had some time before my next gig began. I figured I'd do the ISSEP. Got the book, literally printed out all the NIST documents. OMG the stack was 3-4 feet high in black binders, I read daily for a few months, but never felt confident enough to test...Kudos to you guys for wading through all that and passing the test!