Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewer II

Lawyer with CISSP, CIPP/US, and CFA

I have a deep interest and experience at the intersection of business, technology, and law, particularly those issues involving information security and data privacy.  I have experience representing clients on cybersecurity matters, deep knowledge of information security and data privacy issues, and extensive business experience.

As a trader at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, I designed and programmed mission critical pricing and hedging software for the Taxable Fixed Income Group, and addressed business continuity and disaster recovery planning.  Thereafter, I earned an M.B.A. with high distinction from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, and subsequently returned to Morgan Stanley, during which time I earned the C.F.A. designation.  After graduating with honors from The George Washington University Law School, I integrated my business experience into my law practice, and have had an active role in complex business litigation and regulatory matters. 

As an attorney, I have also led cross-practice working groups to develop my firms’ information security and data privacy practices, and have spearheaded a variety of client work on cybersecurity matters, including drafting information security and data privacy policies, advising on various federal regulations, and assisting on breach incident response matters.  Additionally, I have successfully passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) examination and the Certified Information Privacy Professional / US (CIPP / US) examination.

My professional and academic background is complementary, spanning both practitioner level skills with a strong theoretical grounding in business, law, and technology.  Accordingly, I am uniquely positioned to make cybersecurity and data privacy a business discussion, explain complex technology issues to non-technical persons, and advise on corporate and consumer protection matters.

I am seeking a role in which I can bring my diverse skill set to bear and would be interested in hearing from anyone who is seeking a well-credentialed lawyer with background in information security and data privacy.

Tags (3)
1 Reply

Re: Lawyer with CISSP, CIPP/US, and CFA

Hi Jason,

Are you familiar with the ABA's magazine, The SciTech Lawyer?