Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasoneglass
Viewer II

Lawyer with CISSP, CIPP/US, and CFA

I have a deep interest and experience at the intersection of business, technology, and law, particularly those issues involving information security and data privacy.  I have experience representing clients on cybersecurity matters, deep knowledge of information security and data privacy issues, and extensive business experience.

As a trader at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, I designed and programmed mission critical pricing and hedging software for the Taxable Fixed Income Group, and addressed business continuity and disaster recovery planning.  Thereafter, I earned an M.B.A. with high distinction from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, and subsequently returned to Morgan Stanley, during which time I earned the C.F.A. designation.  After graduating with honors from The George Washington University Law School, I integrated my business experience into my law practice, and have had an active role in complex business litigation and regulatory matters. 

As an attorney, I have also led cross-practice working groups to develop my firms’ information security and data privacy practices, and have spearheaded a variety of client work on cybersecurity matters, including drafting information security and data privacy policies, advising on various federal regulations, and assisting on breach incident response matters.  Additionally, I have successfully passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) examination and the Certified Information Privacy Professional / US (CIPP / US) examination.

My professional and academic background is complementary, spanning both practitioner level skills with a strong theoretical grounding in business, law, and technology.  Accordingly, I am uniquely positioned to make cybersecurity and data privacy a business discussion, explain complex technology issues to non-technical persons, and advise on corporate and consumer protection matters.

I am seeking a role in which I can bring my diverse skill set to bear and would be interested in hearing from anyone who is seeking a well-credentialed lawyer with background in information security and data privacy.

1 Reply
jameshofsiss
Viewer

Hi Jason,

Are you familiar with the ABA's magazine, The SciTech Lawyer?