Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Keywords

Just an interesting thing I came across I thought I would share in case anyone else hasn't noticed this.

Searching a round a little on indeed, I found that cybersecurity, cyber security, and cyber-security are all different on searches and keyword matching.

Just something to think about.

John-

4 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@JKWiniger wrote:

Just an interesting thing I came across I thought I would share in case anyone else hasn't noticed this.

Searching a round a little on indeed, I found that cybersecurity, cyber security, and cyber-security are all different on searches and keyword matching.

Just something to think about.

John-

John,

That is standard performance in most rudimentary word search modules. Inexperienced coders (I hesitate to anoint this level of skill as a programmer) and novice programmers, and even some architects, tend to think literally. However, major search engines, such as Google, have more sophisticated text-matching algorithms and will search for variations of a specified word. I have had some sites even search for words separately that I have enclosed in quotation marks, indicating I wanted only the bound phrase in the search.

Your note is a good reminder for usual to understand the nuances of reforming searches, a key task in developing intel for threats, etc.

Thanks!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
rperthel
Viewer II

Great tip! Thanks! 

AppDefects
Community Champion

Can we bring back Information Assurance (IA) ?

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@AppDefectsIn New Zealand we have done that in the context of Information Management and identity:

https://www.digital.govt.nz/standards-and-guidance/identity/identification-management/information-as...

Regards

Caute_cautim