Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mentogeek
Newcomer I

Good and suitable Cyber security masters degree online ?

Hello All, 

I've been trying to find a good and suitable online cybersecurity masters degree online, and trying to find some recommendations and available options. 

Thanks in advance ^__^ 

25 Replies
MDCole9761
Newcomer II

Although I haven't looked into it much (yet), WGU has what seems to be a good (and affordable) masters program that is 100% online as far as I know. I got my BSIT from there and their masters program includes obtaining CEH and CHFI as part of the curriculum (at no extra cost). It's a great school- the only caveat is that you have to be self-motivated to get the work done (though I suppose that's true of any online program).

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cybersecurity-information-assurance-masters-program.html

Beads
Advocate I

Western Governor's University has been popular as its all certification based if that is of interest. Since security Master's courses are concerned and so many available this should prove to be an interesting conversation.
MDCole9761
Newcomer II

(tried to post this earlier, but the site was having issues)

Although I haven't looked into it much (yet), as Beads said WGU has what seems to be a good (and affordable) masters program that is 100% online as far as I know. I got my BSIT from there and their masters program includes obtaining CEH and CHFI as part of the curriculum (at no extra cost). It's a great school- the only caveat is that you have to be self-motivated to get the work done (though I suppose that's true of any web-based program).

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cybersecurity-information-assurance-masters-program.html
MBirk
Viewer

Dakota State University (DSU.edu) offers a Master of Science in Information Assurance and Computer Security.  Both the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have designated DSU as a national center of excellence in information assurance education.  Their Master of Science in Information Assurance & Computer Security program is also offered completely online.

It is an excellent yet affordable program.

https://dsu.edu/graduate-students/msia

dbse2011
Newcomer I

University of Maryland University College. Had a good experience. Very tough reading and lab schedules. Very good but demanding group projects. Top-notch professors. They are set up for one 6 hour course over 12 week semesters. Was able to finish in two years. Very doable for a working person. Free online materials. Great library resources. 

awally
Viewer

Fort Hays State (FHSU.edu) also offers a Masters in Professional Studies (Cyber Security).  They were also designated a center of excellence by DHS/NSA for Cyber Defense.  I can say the program covers a wide range of topics, and offers a solid coursework catalog that has been a good basis for me so far (1 semester left).  I have enjoyed the professors, and they have been knowledgeable and approachable when I've had questions.

mouandaguy
Newcomer III

I suggest University of Detroit Mercy. "The Center of Cyber Defense and Intelligence Studies. Designated by the Department of Homeland Security and National Security Agency as Center of Academic Excellence fin Cyber Security Defense Education.
https://liberalarts.udmercy.edu/academics/cis/center-for-cyber-intel-studies.php
Bergeman
Viewer II

I "attended" Capitol Technology University's MS Information Assurance program (now Cyber and Information Security) from 2005 - 2007.  100% on-line.  They were, and still are a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CDE) 2014-2021.  That designation was one of my primary selection criteria.

Kevin Bergeman MS-IA CISSP CAP

CISOScott
Community Champion

@mentogeekwrote:

Hello All, 

I've been trying to find a good and suitable online cybersecurity masters degree online, and trying to find some recommendations and available options. 

Thanks in advance ^__^ 

Any chance you work for the DoD or federal government?