Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

CISSP advise

I would like to take a CISSP examen, but i don't know if I can based on what I have.
-I am in Ms program of Cyber Security. class June 2018
-No 5 years experience
-No others security certificates

Please advise

11 Replies
j_M007
Community Champion

There are entry levels for you to take, so no worries if you pass the exam. Check out the information on the https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate page. Sounds like just the thing.

By the way, "bonne chance" and "meilleurs voeux". 😉

By the way,
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Thanks. You said, to start first by isc2, and then do a CISSP or start by CISSP and then isc2 to get more experience
nagarajan
Contributor I

How to start preparing depends upon individuals. A few pointer that will help you;

1. Start studying the domain that you have more familiarity/knowledge.

2. Use a study guide which you find easy to understand about the CISSP domains.

3. Videos will be of great help to understand complex topics.

4. Take some practice exams to see how well you understand the topic and the questions.

5. Team up with folks preparing for CISSP so that you can discuss your doubts and share what you know well.

Good Luck.

Nagarajan

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
laurie
Viewer II

To be honest if you don't have the relevant experience you might be better off looking to do another more suitable certification first. You mentioned that you don't have the requisite 5 years (or 4 when a year is waived). What experience do you have? You might find the page I wrote about my decision to become certified helpful and can always consider the Associate route. Good luck.

mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Thank you for the tips.
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Thank you for your advise, and I read your page veryn helpful and educative for CISSP preparation steps. Seriously I can hit and pass the CISSP without working 5 years or 4 years in field. I can do it based on my 5 years in Cyber Security education, videos, and seminars. We have the program covering all CISSP domain. My question is to know if they will accept my CISSP without working in the field for 4-5 years . I passed all my practices tests.
Thank you Laurie
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

I read your entire article, and i highlight this:
"You can pass the exam without the experience and become an Associate of (ISC) 2. This effectively means that you get to bank your exam for 6 years, at the end of which you must have your 4/5 years of experience in order to certify as a full CISSP. You can call yourself an Associate of (ISC)2 but cannot call yourself CISSP, or imply that you are certified in any way while you are an associate."
nagarajan
Contributor I

In order to be proficient in Security and practice Information Security you need experience working in this domain and then you would lean the challenges and how to mitigate risks. Having a respectable credential is of great value but having hands on experience gives you confidence and would take you high in your career. 

So you can appear for the CISSP exam and become an associate but must work in security and in multiple domains so that you can see the holistic picture.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Thank you