Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer I

Re: CCSP

Yes I have gone through the videos once. I don't know if I am the only one who feels that there is too much unnecessery discussions and off the topic chat.
If properly edited this lectures should last only one-fifth of current time.
No additional discussion or lecture will harm you, so could listen through it once during travel.
Viewer II

Hello, I am planning to do CCSP. Can you please share some tips, study material I should use.
Newcomer II

Yes, you are right. CCSP is more valuable as most of the gov org are reliable on this certification. However, I also suggest you to go with CCNA/CCNP security certification along with CCSP and later CISSP. List of Cisco security certification listed bellow with their syllabus

» CCNA Security

210-260: Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS)
» CCNP Security

300-206: Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
300-208: Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
300-209: Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
300-210: Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)
» CCIE Security

400-251: CCIE Security Written Exam (CCIE S)

I hope this work best for you.

Tags (1)
Newcomer I

Hi,

I think it has some value as a grounding, however by necessity it is generic and the various cloud offerings differ greatly in their approaches and security models.

I would suggest that a cloud specific certification may hold more sway for a particular role using that technology rather than the more generic CCSP.

Viewer II

Hi Vince,

Did you earn any CPE for getting your CCSP? I got my CISSP in April and I am considering CCSP and HISPP but wondering if going through the training and certifications will count towards my required CPEs.

@PMEL Congratulations on obtaining your CISSP! To confirm, members may submit up to 30 CPEs for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification. When submitting, please use the instructions below.

1. Enter begin/end date

2. Select 'no' to (ISC)² offered event

3. Education (tab)

4. 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training' - this is our "self-study" category at this time.

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance