Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince
Newcomer I

CCSP

Just wanted to know if there are any members out there who are considering doing the CCSP exam. I do believe this cert has the potential to be the most valuable accreditation for a security professional. Being aware of the digital/cloud security landscape is now a necessity for our profession and having the badge to prove it will provide  tangible evidence of capability in this space. In my opinion ISCx2 will now need to sell the value of the badge and fully leverage the association with the cloud security alliance CSA. I've just done the exam, so happy to share my experience (without contravening our code of ethics) with anyone who is also considering doing it.

Be safe & secure!

Vince  

45 Replies
AppSecGirl
Viewer III

I am currently studying for this. Can you recommend any practice exams that you found helpful in your studies?

JP
Newcomer III

Hey Vince

I agree with you, very valuable accreditation!

I think the cert sells itself without need to convince; I’ve likewise did the CCSP and one of the factors that influenced me to take it was that clients were asking for it and expecting it. Its viewed as a high calibre stamp of approval!

I also think it demonstrates a forward thinking security professional looking to keep up to date with the trends.

Frankly, I’m surprised more people haven’t taken it!

All the best

James
gk
Viewer

I hope to take this exam as time permits. Working on the SSCP first. I agree with you about the importance of being proficient in cloud administration. Vendors such as Microsoft have been adding content for Azure in their Windows Server 2012 r2 and Windows Server 16 exams and adding specializations in Azure from the developer perspective as well.

Vince
Newcomer I

Hello AppSecGirl - I used two books that came with practice exams. One authored by Gordon (which was the official book at the time); which was incredibly hard to read because the long winded approach. The other was by Sybex (a wiley brand); which was more condensed half the number of pages and more questions including an online option.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your studies!

Vince 

austin15
Viewer III

Hey Vince,

I am using the same approach to study for this exam. Though was wondering did you attend any official CCSP training's?

R_lak29
Viewer

I am preparing for the ccsp exam.let me know your thoughts on approach it in terms of material as well as question banks which you had used for preparing
scmunk
Newcomer II

I went through the studying process a while back and passed. Here is a a summary on what I did to pass a a couple of tips. Hopes this helps.

http://www.secretchipmunk.com/blog/2016/10/28/the-certified-cloud-security-professional-test/

I'll be glad to help answer any questions or help with approaches.

--SCMunk

hello
Newcomer I

Thinking about sitting it in the future (but not 100% certain with the renewal cost, etc). I actually started with browsing the official book and the also the CCSP All in One Study guide test question bank.

I stopped for the moment because I wanted to get my hands dirty with cloud tech to deepen my understanding of functionality before do this certification, so I am now doing AWS training for certification and perhap then I will get back onto this high level cert.

All in all it covers a lot of cloud high level stuff.

Networking | Cloud |Security |Front End
Vince
Newcomer I

Hi Austin - just the two books, but I did take 6 months to learn the topic to the detail needed to pass this type of exam. 

Rgds,

Vince