Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince
Newcomer I

CCSP

Just wanted to know if there are any members out there who are considering doing the CCSP exam. I do believe this cert has the potential to be the most valuable accreditation for a security professional. Being aware of the digital/cloud security landscape is now a necessity for our profession and having the badge to prove it will provide  tangible evidence of capability in this space. In my opinion ISCx2 will now need to sell the value of the badge and fully leverage the association with the cloud security alliance CSA. I've just done the exam, so happy to share my experience (without contravening our code of ethics) with anyone who is also considering doing it.

Be safe & secure!

Vince  

45 Replies
Manal
Newcomer I

Yes I have gone through the videos once. I don't know if I am the only one who feels that there is too much unnecessery discussions and off the topic chat.
If properly edited this lectures should last only one-fifth of current time.
No additional discussion or lecture will harm you, so could listen through it once during travel.
fazleabbas7
Viewer II

Hello, I am planning to do CCSP. Can you please share some tips, study material I should use.
sofitapaul
Newcomer II

Yes, you are right. CCSP is more valuable as most of the gov org are reliable on this certification. However, I also suggest you to go with CCNA/CCNP security certification along with CCSP and later CISSP. List of Cisco security certification listed bellow with their syllabus

» CCNA Security

210-260: Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS)
» CCNP Security

300-206: Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
300-208: Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
300-209: Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
300-210: Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)
» CCIE Security

400-251: CCIE Security Written Exam (CCIE S)

I hope this work best for you.

isc2clack
Newcomer I

Hi,

I think it has some value as a grounding, however by necessity it is generic and the various cloud offerings differ greatly in their approaches and security models.

I would suggest that a cloud specific certification may hold more sway for a particular role using that technology rather than the more generic CCSP.

PMEL
Viewer II

Hi Vince,

Did you earn any CPE for getting your CCSP? I got my CISSP in April and I am considering CCSP and HISPP but wondering if going through the training and certifications will count towards my required CPEs.

amandavanceISC2

@PMEL Congratulations on obtaining your CISSP! To confirm, members may submit up to 30 CPEs for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification. When submitting, please use the instructions below.

1. Enter begin/end date

2. Select 'no' to (ISC)² offered event

3. Education (tab)

4. 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training' - this is our "self-study" category at this time.

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance