Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamont29
Community Champion

Beware of HEADHUNTERS...

Please colleagues, be careful of headhunters who solicit you for job opportunities, who ask you to embellish your resume to better align with a job opportunity. This really does neither you or the headhunter no good. The very informed hiring manager will be able to sort things out rather quickly in the first place. There may be other opportunities within that company that you may disqualify yourself for by being disingenuous. How can that company trust you after you attempted to short-sight them to be honest going forward? You may not have the right skills for THAT job, but you are a CISSP, so there’s a myriad of opportunities abound – especially if you are mobile.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
1 Reply
Baechle
Advocate I

Lamont,

Was there a particular recruiter, or service company that you experienced this with?

I understand possibly wanting to be diplomatic by giving a general word of caution, but this is tip toeing into fraud land.  Making a material misrepresentation about the quality of skills and services being offered in exchange for a benefit (the fee being paid to the headhunter) I believe would qualify as procurement fraud, specifically as a form of Nonconforming Goods or Services Fraud.

Sincerely,

Eric B.