Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-shearer
ISC2 Former Staff

We know you have choices when it comes to professional certification, associated training and exams.

At (ISC)2 we continue to work hard to increase the value we provide those seeking one of our certifications and the associated courses and content that help people prepare for examination. Toward this end, when you train with us or take one of our exams you may be eligible for college credit. Your professional certification goals can be complementary to formal education.

Please see our recent press releases:

https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Press-Room/Posts/2019/05/28/Official-ISC2-Cybersecurity-Courses...

https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Press-Room/Posts/2019/05/28/ISC2-Cybersecurity-Exams-Approved-f...

Whatever path you choose, best of luck!

Thanks,

David Shearer
| CEO | dshearer@isc2.org | www.isc2.org | iamcybersafe.org |
6 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thank you for the update @david-shearer.

Could you now please provide an update on the numerous issues being experienced with ISC2's systems?

1) No effective way to contact Member Support

• Emails go unanswered
  • Calls go unanswered
  • Voicemails go unanswered
  • Support chat function removed

2) Problems with the member portal

• Active Transcript doesn't load so there is no way to see the certification cycle dates

3) Problems with the member benefits

• Discount codes don't work

4) Problems with the community

• Can't login directly to the forum

5) Endorsement queue delays / inconsistencies

• New endorsement applications are stated to take 4 weeks but I have one pending from over 6 weeks ago and I can't get any feedback on its status due to point 1.

The issues I have listed above are just the ones I am personally experiencing. There are many, many more issues being experienced by other members.

Please take the time to read a few threads in the member support forum section and you'll see for yourself that things are far from rosy, which is leading to a lot of dissatisfaction amongst your members.

david-shearer
ISC2 Former Staff

Alec,

Thanks for bringing these frustration points to my attention. I have staffed them out for investigation/solution. My article on the ACE college credit recommendation was not intended to imply we have all of our challenges resolved. That said, I'm glad it provided an opportunity to get these issues on my radar.

I, or a member of my staff, will circle back to you on these issues.

Cheers,

David Shearer

Thanks,

David Shearer
| CEO | dshearer@isc2.org | www.isc2.org | iamcybersafe.org |
Glitch
Newcomer I

@david-shearer, that is good to hear as a person who passed the test and 4 weeks have passed for me.  I messaged and called last night so hopefully I'll be certified soon as I would like it while applying for a promotion at work and taking another certification shortly.

In the meantime I have been checking out the site and reading the community as well as reddit and I was a little alarmed with some of the issues people are experiencing.  So it is good to see ISC2 willing to listen on the community and task people with running down issues to make it better for all members.

I will say the college credit is a nice benefit.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@david-shearer 

Thank you, David - that would be appreciated.

EDIT: I should also add I finally managed to speak with someone about my overdue endorsement on the phone earlier today so that is already in hand.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

1) No effective way to contact Member Support

• Emails go unanswered
  • Calls go unanswered
  • Voicemails go unanswered
  • Support chat function removed

2) Problems with the member portal

• Active Transcript doesn't load so there is no way to see the certification cycle dates

3) Problems with the member benefits

• Discount codes don't work

4) Problems with the community

• Can't login directly to the forum

5) Endorsement queue delays / inconsistencies

• New endorsement applications are stated to take 4 weeks but I have one pending from over 6 weeks ago and I can't get any feedback on its status due to point 1.

It's been just over 2 weeks since I posted this, so let's have a little review of where we are:

1. No change
  2. I've been told my Active Transcript issue has been escalated but ultimately there's been no change from my perspective - this has even more impact for me now I have a new certification for which I haven't as yet fulfilled the CPE requirements
  3. A new CRC Press discount code has been released (which is what I was complaining about) - although I can't see it on the Member Portal as I believe my page is EMEA / UK specific which still shows the old code. (I was given the new code by Amanda so I have now purchased the CSSLP CBK book I wanted.)
  4. No change
  5. My ISSAP endorsement came through in 6 weeks and 5 days

Point 5 leads me on to a minor but new issue I now have.... 6. My ISSAP certification doesn't show on here - it appears everywhere else including the Acclaim system.

So in summary, some progress has been made, but not a lot, and there are now new issues!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Just wanted to provide a quick update on this as I have had some positive news...

Issue 2 has been resolved and I can now see my Active Transcript again!

Issue 3 should be fully resolved soon now the web team know the areas of the site where they need to update the discount code.

A fix has been identified for issue 6 and is in testing phase so my ISSAP badge will show up on here soon - I think I'm more pleased to hear there is actually a testing process!

So, my specific issues should all be resolved soon - of course that still leaves the wider issues everyone is experiencing...