Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlubandi
Newcomer I

Security Engineering Position in Brea, CA or Bellevue, WA

We have the following position open at my company.  reach out to me at [ jude.lubandi@base2s.com ] and we can go from there.  Thanks.

What you will do:

Base2 is building a small but powerful security team to focus on compliance and secure application pipelines. Team members are exposed to a diversity of clients and security technologies. The dynamic nature of the work ensures each team member the freedom to pursue their interests and not be locked into a single security domain.  

What you will be responsible for:

• Providing security and architecture services by examining the customer need and provide tailored vendor-neutral solutions
  • Executing on network vulnerability assessments, using best practice tools such as Nessus and web application penetration tooling
  • Executing on compliance and best practice assessments, including business continuity plan development (ROI, cost-benefit), standards adherence, and risk management
  • Reporting on security assessments by preparing deliverables and walking through the results with the customer
  • Keeping up-to-date on latest security regulations including the government and healthcare domains

What we believe is required to do the job:

• 5+ years of experience in systems security, systems engineering or IT architecture
  • Knowledge of ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, FISMA, NIST, and other security standards
  • Project management and familiarity with SDLC procedures and methods
  • Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Industry certifications in the domain such as security, virtualization and operating system technologies
  • Knowledge of security tooling and concepts, on par with a CISSP. This includes knowledge of PKI, networking, encryption, access controls, and data classifications
  • Virtualization expertise on current leading platforms
  • Windows and UNIX administrative experience
  • Bachelor’s degree in relevant technology program
  • Consulting experience

This position is for our Bellevue location.

0 Replies