Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoOkkAttMe
Newcomer I

SSCP exam work requirement - does SAP Authorizations consultant counts?

Hi,

I am willing to do the SSCP exam to develop my skills in the IT security area.

Since there is work experience requirement - does SAP Authorizations consultant counts as valid experience?

I have 9 years of experience in SAP Authorizations which I believe falls under the Access Control domain at least. (I also have B.sc. in Computer Science).

Also, how does ISC2 validate my work experience?

6 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Based on the Exam outline, the experience should qualify under Domain One and potentially Domain 2.

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/Project/ISC2/Main/Media/certifications/Certs/SSCP/2024-SSCP-Detailed-Co...

As to experience validation Check here:

https://www.isc2.org/endorsement

You can also reach out to exam administration or Customer service for additional assistance at:

Https://isc2.org/contact-us

Regards

LoOkkAttMe
Newcomer I

Thanks for your answer, in the contact-us page I can't locate the online chat button, is there any e-mail I can write to?
dcontesti
Community Champion

I dont see the live chat button either.  Maybe @mariatirado could forward a note to someone to determine what happened to the button.

d

mariatirado
Community Manager

Hey @LoOkkAttMe - you can reach out to our team at examadministration@isc2.org 🙂

LoOkkAttMe
Newcomer I

Hey @mariatirado , I sent a mail 2 days ago but still no answer, just want to be sure if my experience as SAP Security consultant is relevant for SSCP work-experience requirements?

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @LoOkkAttMe - it's usually about 3-5 business days for that team to reply. Your work experience will qualify as long as it is in one (or more) of the seven domains of the cert: 

• Domain 1. Security Operations and Administration
  • Domain 2. Access Controls
  • Domain 3. Risk identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
  • Domain 4. Incident Response and Recovery
  • Domain 5. Cryptography
  • Domain 6. Network and Communications Security
  • Domain 7. Systems and Application Security

For SSCP, we waive the 1 year of the experience with a degree in one of the following areas: 

• Computer Science
  • Computer Engineering
  • Computer Systems Engineering
  • Management Information Systems (MIS)
  • Information Technology [IT]