Job Opportunities – Senior Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Location: Washington, DC
Appointment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Clearance: Not Required - Must successfully complete a background investigation
Closing date: 8/21/2019
The incumbent serves as Senior Information Security Specialist, working closely with the OFR Associate Director, Information Security and the Chief Technology Officer to ensure that the Technology Center can support the OFR Research and Analysis Center, the Financial Stability Oversight Council (the Council) and its member agencies, and other constituents. Provides expert and authoritative advice to the Associated Director on complex day-to-day IT information security issues..
As a Senior Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Identify and recommends cost-effective security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of structured and unstructured data are protected.
- Provide technical advice related to system security, vulnerabilities, security architecture and security policies. Ensures the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles.
- Analyze short, medium, and long-range projects for solutions of complex operational or policy issues in areas such as information security, information security reporting, systems development life cycle, and others as directed.
- Collaborates with Associate Director on systematic reviews of OFR system security, vulnerabilities and security architecture to determine effectiveness and conformity to established policies and user needs.
- Develops and maintains extensive current knowledge concerning advances in information technology in general and with particular emphasis on all aspects of systems security and reliability.
Qualifications You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Specialized experience for the OR-60, (GS-14 equivalent): For the OR-60 (GS-14 equivalent), you must have 52 weeks of specialized experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the OR-53 (GS-13) level or equivalent.
Specialized experience includes all of the following:
- Experience in performing Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) activities to meet compliance requirements and ensuring continuity of operations in the Cloud; AND
- Experience in using the NIST Risk Management Framework to conduct security assessments of information security controls to measure the effectiveness of controls and identify gaps; AND
- Experience providing technical advice specific to Cloud based web application security, identification and remediation of web application vulnerabilities, or design of a secure web architecture. Additional information
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
How to apply:
Read more about Senior Information Technology Specialist at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541182900