Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OJudah
Newcomer I

IT Career Direction

I am Seun Falope from Lagos, Nigeria. I work with a multinational company with interest in maritime transport and logistics. I am having a new synergy with IT and presently in online class of  Google IT Support Professional. I want to use this background to do ISC certifications. Hope I can get help.

10 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Greetings and well done for joining this striving community of security practitioners.

What are your aspirations?  What is your background in terms of understanding your current understanding and baselines?     What motivated you to join the community?

Caute_Cautim

CISOScott
Community Champion

Search the forum. There is some pretty good career advice that has already been given. Take the time to go through the forums. Return to ask more questions after that if you need to. Please don't take this in a negative way, we are starting to see some similar threads and I just want to save everyone from typing. LOL!

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

No problem, fully understood and yes, I should have done a bit more research myself before answering.  I get these type of questions almost daily, and it becomes quite natural to respond.

CISOScott
Community Champion

Caute_cautim, This was not directed at you but for the original poster and others that may want to post the same thing. The community members are here to help and wish to help everyone. Just remember the old saying "He who helps himself will go far."

And this is my personal request,  I do not speak for ISC2. People can do whatever they like. I see that this is a new forum and on other forums I have been a part of I have seen the same thing. I want to help this community grow and not suffer the fate of other forums I have been on. Some senior forum members get tired of doing the same replies to the same questions when the information can be gleaned by doing a little searching and reading. 

Chirag23
Viewer II

What is your total experience and relevant experience in information security field?

Basically, Anyone can thrive in ISC certification exam. The only thing you require is passion, determination and hard work.
OJudah
Newcomer I

Passion basically and the fact that I am interested is shifting to IT and related career. I have been on IT platform since over a decade since my work is basically online though in a different field of customer service and logistics.

OJudah
Newcomer I

Thanks. A good fast-lane to learn. I will explore

OJudah
Newcomer I

Never tired helping. You are highly noted. Thanks

OJudah
Newcomer I

Great idea. Lets keep the forum high and see to its success. You are appreciated.