Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billclancy
Contributor I

ISACA CDPSE

ISACA has released a new Certification CDPSE 

https://www.isaca.org/credentialing/certified-data-privacy-solutions-engineer

Yup another certification, which may or may not turn out to be a big deal. The interesting thing is, they are  allowing "Early adoption".  People who can show 5 years of experience in the domain areas of the cert, can be awarded the certification without testing!  If you have a CISA, CISM, CRISC or CGEIT, it counts for 2 of the 5 year requirement. There is a hefty fee involved, but if you don't pass muster, they refund all but $50.

I jumped all the hoops,  and was awarded the cert on June 1. I work in the DOD,  where privacy is a big issue, so it may serve me well.

8 Replies
brspnc
Viewer

Hi billclancy,

I have a question. Is work experience verification form for the CDPSE certification same as CISA and other cert. in terms of content? Does ISACA demand other type of documents for proving work experience?
Beads
Advocate I

Its a little different in that you need to go back through 5 years of supervisors to get sign offs. Since, I work as a consultant, currently with six, no less, supervising managers at any time and changes every 6 months I said thanks but no thanks. If the cert becomes worthwhile in the market I would be happy to sit for the exam and walk through the front door rather than grandfather in.

- b/eads

billclancy
Contributor I

I feel your pain, and I had to wade through a pile of old supervisors who really had no vested interest in helping me get another cert...but I persevered, and got'er done! Better than studying, sitting for the exam, and still doing the paperwork.

Beads
Advocate I

Rarely does sitting for an exam mean more than an hour of time in the chair. As far as studying goes. I do that every evening anyhow. Learning is not difficult for me.

- b/eads

vcoelho
Newcomer I

Thanks for Sharing. I just received my CDPSE this week via the early adoption program. Question can this in anyway be used towards CPE's . If yes how many can we claim?
Thanks,
vikram
beyondjj
Viewer II

do you need any ISACA cert or just experience ?

billclancy
Contributor I

I think you just have to convince them you have the experience, of course having an ISACA cert certainly helps.

Beads
Advocate I

You need to document five years of privacy experience, usually from former managers that may or may not still be with your current or former employers. I gave up on the year of 5 separate supervisors in one year when the current person wouldn't accommodate my request, covering for those who came before him. Basically, the reason I left the place in the first place was because because I had it with the "boss of the quarter" club.

Happy to test out but at this point I only see it as color commentary for next years annual assessment.

- b/eads