Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkriggins
Viewer

How to improve Job Descriptions and Processes to Fill 3.4 million Cybersecurity Jobs

Hi everyone! After I referenced their awesome Cyber Workforce report in a recent super popular piece, ISC2 recommended I share it here. I hope it can help companies overcome so many artificial barriers to move into and find jobs in cybersecurity and hire a more necessarily diverse group of security professionals. https://thenewstack.io/how-to-get-started-filling-3-4-million-cybersecurity-jobs/ 

2 Replies
Armandt_R
Newcomer I

I could not agree more. I'm busy looking for a job at the moment, and its ridiculous. For an entry level position it is required to have a Bachelors Degree, 6 years experience with enterprise grade systems, CISSP, and a whole bunch of hoops to jump through. It's kinda depressing to be honest. I feel sorry for folks with only a CC certification that think that they can apply for entry-level positions. 

burhanvj
Viewer II

I am currently on this and seriously wondering what's gonna happen to me. If you have some recommendations for me please do help. I am just an undergraduate with some technical call center experience.