Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Cybersec Education Survey

Jack Daniels, B-Sides founder, is conducting a survey jn education and cybersecurity.

From LinkedIn, here is Jack's announcement:

=-=-=-=-=

I have started a new project to gather information on career topics in information/cyber security. I'm launching with a simple survey on degrees and education in the field. It should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete, the survey has 14 to 18 questions including optional demographic questions, plus optional additional information and feedback fields. Results will be shared online, including in the blog at careerstudy dot org, and in future presentations.

Contact email for this project is: info at careerstudy dot org

Please take the survey at https://lnkd.in/esNJtuq

And please share the survey with anyone or any group you feel may be appropriate so that we can gather more responses and gain more insights.

=-=-=-=-=

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
5 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

Interesting if not shallow survey looking primarily for education and demographics of people in the field. Would do better to discover why people are and stay in the field, rather than base demographics.

Slightly disappointed that I have no idea when and where to see the results (unless I missed it somewhere.)

- b/eads

CraginS
Defender I

@Beads wrote:

Slightly disappointed that I have no idea when and where to see the results (unless I missed it somewhere.)

From the opening page of the survey itself:

=-=-=-=

Results will be shared online, including in the blog at careerstudy.org, and in future presentations. A project by Jack Daniel, contact email: info at careerstudy.org

=-=-=-=

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
emb021
Advocate I

@Beads wrote:

Interesting if not shallow survey looking primarily for education and demographics of people in the field. Would do better to discover why people are and stay in the field, rather than base demographics.

"I'm launching with a simple survey on degrees and education in the field."

So this survey is about education and demographics tied to that.  This is NOT a survey on why people are in the field or why they stay.  So can't really complain about a survey covering an area outside its focus, not that that isn't a good topic for a survey.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Beads
Advocate I

I had looked but missed the release notes. Thanks I stand corrected and look forward to the findings.

- b/eads

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Okay why are people in the field?

Me.  I bought Applied Cryptography when it first came out and being a bit of a geeky C programmer type back in the mid 90s was genuinely interested in how this stuff worked.  After getting promoted into Project Management and deciding after a few years it wasn't for me, I got the opportunity to set-up InfoSec and BCP departments from scratch at a company I'd been working at in a general consultancy role, thought it sounded like an interesting challenge and agreed to give it go.  That was 20 years and 4 employers ago.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS