Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy69
Newcomer III

CSSLP and job opportunities

I would like to know if there is anybody who gained job or career opportunities with CSSLP.

9 Replies
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I rarely see job postings that require it or even prefer it, and that’s a shame. My job likes that I have it and helped me negotiate a salary that I truly have no complaints with. If I didn’t have it, they’d have recruited me anyway. Security is a subset of my responsibilities right now, but I’ve always looked at security as a subset of quality so that fits with my own view and I’m fine with it.
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
Andy69
Newcomer III

Yes, it seems that CSSLP is a sort of plus that helps you to negotiate higher salary. But I would like it would be treated with more awareness.

ro83
Newcomer III

CSSLP was mentioned next to CISSP and eqvivalents in a job description by an international financial institution who was looking for mid-level manager specialized to web security. Also I have got much more job offers for leading positions after passing CSSLP.

albert_t
Newcomer I

I was recently approached by a recruited who said that my linkedin profile had been flagged to him on the CSSLP. 

Simon_Johnson
Newcomer I

what did you use for Studying for CSSLP ?

Andy69
Newcomer III

CSSLP All in one exam guide and official CSSLP CBK.

ro83
Newcomer III

I used for studying next to CSSLP CBK tutorial videos by Skillsoft and some tutorials form Youtube. Answering to example questions was also really helpful for me.

iluom
Contributor II

Core Software Security by JAMES RANSOME,ANMOL MISRA is a nice book in addition to the othe books

“The 7 Qualities of Highly Secure Software" is a good supplementary

A Bug Hunter’s Diary by by Tobias Klein is excellent too for gaining software dev sec and testing

Chandra Mouli, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP
iluom
Contributor II

CLASP is also very good stuff  to refer for a significant step forward compared to traditional ad-hoc approaches to software security.

Chandra Mouli, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP