cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

CISSP needed!

Good morning all!

We have a few open positions at (ISC)2 right now - but I wanted to call out one in particular. We are currently seeking a Content Developer. We are expanding our Exams team and in need of an additional professional to assist with the exam development and delivery process. Other certifications are a bonus, but CISSP is required

If you're interested, please apply online or share with your network! 

PS: This position would be in our HQ office in Clearwater. It's currently 50°F and mostly sunny 🙂

9 Replies
fortean
Contributor III

Oh, well - surely content can be developed all over the world, on-line..?

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Kaity
Community Manager

This role entails quite a bit of collaborative work with the exams team here, so it's based here. But thank you for asking!

We are always looking for volunteers to assist with exams, though - info is behind the member login here: https://www.isc2.org/Member-Resources/Exam-Development
fortean
Contributor III

Pardon me for nagging, but sorry, Kaity, that's not really an argument. Collaboration can be done internationally using tools like say, skype, phone calls, Telegram / WhatsApp, mail, Google tools etc. - and look at this forum!

I find it somewhat strange that y'all want to restrict yourselves to the few people that live in the FL area or at least within reasonable traveling distance, especially if, as it seems, the need is quite high. There's a whole world of fine people out there, and after all - isn't (ISC)2 a world-wide organisation?

--
Kaity
Community Manager

I appreciate your feedback and will pass it on 

fortean
Contributor III

Thank you Smiley Happy

--
praving5
Newcomer II

I couldn't agree more with what Heinrich said. Why restrict to people in a particular location for an exam that is conducted globally? Would you not like to include the wider CISSP professionals who would like to include items from their experience and make the exams more worthy? I am collaborating and authoring various industry accepted standards with CIS and CSA. We have a global community of security professionals who work towards a common goal and milestone effortlessly. No in-person engagement needed. It works all via emails, discussions boards, mailing lists and of course bi-weekly sync up call over WebEx. We have been delivering great security standard content and did not feel that we are limited working remotely. Times are changing fast. If you do not change your collaboration rules, it would be hard to get the community involved.
Kaity
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback - and we certainly do value a global perspective here at (ISC)², which is why we seek exam development volunteers from all around the world.

This is regarding a full time position in our HQ office - but by no means is it a requirement that the candidate be born and raised in the U.S. Smiley Wink

Thanks again!

tomnohs
Newcomer I

Well put...
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

As someone with a role that touches global teams in a lot of different places, I can identify wanting to keep people together for certain things.

Yes, there are some really wonderful collaboration tools and methodologies for scaling agile etc, but having lived in this world with a multiplicity of distributed development teams, functions, PMs - you name it I really do recognize that with all those tools its a trade-off - and a lot depends on what you are doing.

As a quick thought experiment - let's say there are three of us in a global and we are given some work to do. We each have a computer, and we're operating to German employment legislation(because it's funny*). The worker's council said we can only work eight hours a day, and only get one hour a day overtime out of our core hours. Because I'm pushing it to the extreme none of our working days' overlap(someone may have live on a boat as a nomadic denizen of the seas). The work is highly collaborative, and we'll be using scrum for a weeklong sprint to produce the work. The fate of the company rests on us delivering the thing in that week.

Now, you have an option to fly your team to the same location(In the TARDIS, 'cos your travel budget is boss). With some much riding on this week do you take it?

For pretty much all tasks there is a tax to pay for not being co-located - I think it can be mitigated, but the most effective globally distributed teams I know recognize there is a performance and work life hit to this that is non-trivial. All these remote collaboration tools are compromises at best.

*Actually Geman employment protections/work culture are probably the best I've seen.