Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger
Newcomer III

CISSP CERTIFICATION

I don't i have a degree but I have strong interest in pursuing cybersecurity. Is it ok to start my CISSP CERTIFICATION journey and Advance it or i have to have a degree first.
14 Replies
Adeel
Newcomer I

Degree is not required for CISSP however, there is a 5 year experience requirement in CISSP domains to achieve the certification. If you do not possess required experience, you can still do the CISSP exam as an associate.

Roger
Newcomer III

Thanks very much. After taking any of the Associate exams, can you start working with your certificate to build yourself up for the CISSP CERTIFICATION?
Adeel
Newcomer I

That's correct.

Roger
Newcomer III

To be sure, it means the certificate earned in Associate can accepted in any organization for employment opportunity right
Adeel
Newcomer I

Roger, it completely depends on the organization itself.

jahamilton1
Viewer II

To get the associate exam, you are required to pass the CISSP exam. But you will be given as associate certificate because of the incomplete years of experience. Once you have the 5 years of experience, you can request for you cissp certificate. Please note, you either need 5 years experience before the exam OR 5years after the exam. Meaning if you write the exam now and you get an associate certificate, you are required to spend the next 5 years for the required experience, if not, you will have to write the exam again.
Roger
Newcomer III

Thanks very much for the information shared.
Roger
Newcomer III

Okay. Thank you 😊
mcpaulx4
Newcomer I

Very correct and some training institution can place you on job training to acquire the requirement