Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince
Newcomer I

CCSP

Just wanted to know if there are any members out there who are considering doing the CCSP exam. I do believe this cert has the potential to be the most valuable accreditation for a security professional. Being aware of the digital/cloud security landscape is now a necessity for our profession and having the badge to prove it will provide  tangible evidence of capability in this space. In my opinion ISCx2 will now need to sell the value of the badge and fully leverage the association with the cloud security alliance CSA. I've just done the exam, so happy to share my experience (without contravening our code of ethics) with anyone who is also considering doing it.

Be safe & secure!

Vince  

45 Replies
LL652
Viewer III

I took the official ISC2 course for the CCSP when they were aggressively promoting it for current CISSP members.  It was a 5 day, instructor led course.  For myself, the interaction between class members and the instructor was much more stimulating than the course material.

Over the next 30 days after the course, I read, and re-read the official ISC2 book.  I then utilized the free study tools provided by ISC2.  I took the practice exams multiple times, but put a lot of time into flash cards.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the exam was easy, but the steps above had me fully prepared.  I believe that having already obtained my CISSP provided some benefit from a testing methodology perspective, as I had a general idea of what to expect.

Mathershapiroa
Newcomer I

As soon as I’ve finished the CISSP, I’m turning around and writting the CCSP. With my organization moving to cloud platforms, I believe the certificatation will be invaluable
Manal
Newcomer I

Passed this exam some two and a half month ago. Find it more or less similar to CISSP. Infact it would not be totally wrong to perceive this exam as CISSP for cloud technologies.
My two cents of advice for all the aspirants is to merge CISSP concepts with CCSP books.
Manal.
Dakotad
Newcomer I

There is an e-symposium that covers Cloud Security where they talk about the increase of SaaS traffic over the next decade (it is an excellent symposium and you get 3 CE's).  After I earn my OSCP, my CCSP is next on my list.  If you are going to do anything, be sure to look into CASB's.  I have had to recommend we nix a couple of projects because we do not have one of these in place, yet!

Good luck

RaymondWayne
Viewer II

i just bought the Sybex book.... now to study it now ...... hope can finish the study before May 2018 and certify myself...wish me luck.

E_arnest
Viewer II

Hey, I am currently preparing to take the CCSP exam in December any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I agree with you. It is going to be among the most sought after cert in the near future. A large percentage of my clients are moving to the cloud.

Earnest

GS
Viewer II

CCSP will be in demand as more and more companies are looking towards cloud and cloud solutions. I believe it is a good cert to have. I will be taking mine in Jan 2018.  

Dada19
Newcomer I

@VinceCongrats Did you do CCSK beforehand?

BubbaK
Newcomer I

I'd love to hear how your experience was!  I'm studying on my own for the CCSP.  Got the (ISC)2 study guide earlier this year -- the one written by Brian T. O'Hara and Ben Malisow.  I've read through it and have been taking practice exams through Sybex's website.  Last week, I scheduled my exam for mid-December.

Do you have any advice/pointers that you could share with me?

JP
Newcomer III

Hi BubbaK,

Of the valuable advise my instructor gave me, the most fundamental was read the CSA guide; it’s a joint ISC2 and CSA exam so the content is very largely covered in the guide. The exam is up to v3 of the guide.

Aside from that, be familiar with the CSA terminologies for cloud technology (storage types, service types etc).

Good luck and reach out if you’d like any other tips!

James