Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bentan74
Newcomer I

Passed my CSSLP exam today (Just sharing)

Would like to share my approach for the exam, passed today on my first attempt.

1. I attend the ISC2 class and read the student guide v5 and also read the 2013 official ISC2 CSSLP CBK. Read both books twice within 2 weeks and attempts all their questions to resolidify my understanding.

2. Also read OWASP Top 10, SAFECode material to under them more.

3. During the exam, think as a security manager/PM since their questions are more testing your experience and knowledge in SDLC, security concepts and project management.

Hope it helps, good luck to all.

Study hard and earn it, you will feel a sense of satisfaction.

Ben

32 Replies
Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

Congratulations! I have received CSSLP Official (ISC)2 Student Guide 5th Edition and I have studied this book thoroughly. Could you please let me know if this material alone would be enough to pass the exam? I have 5 years of Application Security testing experience.

Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

I got this from my Bootcamp training.

kpcsuh
Viewer II

Congratulations!

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

You should have a very good handle on it being an application security tester, but what I'd recommend you do is go through all the domains and study the ones you know the least about until you've understood them well - remember it's going to test you on the full lifecycle with rewards for security so inception, traceble requirements, supply chains etc... it's all in there. Good luck!

Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

Thank you so much for responding. I have been reading ISC2 official student guide edition 5. Will there be any question outside the book?

Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

Could you please let me know if I need to score 70% in each individual domain or overall 70%?
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I believe(strongly ISC2 say it) it is overall - but if you look at the exam outline, you'll see that not knowing the CBK in a domain would really help you on the way to failing, so do cover everything.

Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

Thanks. Could you also please let me know if this exam has negative marking for wrong answer?
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Assuming you mean does it use Computer Adaptive Testing(CAT) where it tailors to the level of the candidate based on incorrect answers, It didn't when I took it. So, if that holds true you get to review your answers to questions at the end and do answer them all.

Rohit_CSSLP
Newcomer III

Unfortunately, I failed in the CSSLP exam attended last week. It seems that the ISC2 CBK latest edition (edition 5) alone is not sufficient to pass the exam. I went through the entire book twice and additionally solved all the sample questions with 100% accuracy still failed. I also had a five days of Bootcamp training with the Training Camp. Not sure how do I prepare for the retake! Really disappointed.