cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)² Self-Study Resources for CSSLP

Textbooks, Study Guides, Apps and More

From traditional textbooks and study guides to more contemporary tools, such as interactive flash cards and study apps, we have a training and study resource that’s right for you and will fit into your busy schedule.

https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources

ISC2 Community Manager
40 Replies
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

Do you have any update about this?

Also, are you planning to create any self-paced online training for the CSSLP as in most of the other certifications?

Note that there is many (but many) people that would be interested in taking this certification, and I think that having this kind of resources would be really helpful for all of us.

Thanks and Regards,

tswern
Newcomer III

You can find self-study material related to CSSLP in http://www.linkedin.com/learning.

csjohnng
Community Champion

@fgarcialainez

I clear CSSLP after my ISSEP, I would say the study/preparation on ISSEP clear a lot of domain for me in CSSLP. I did not read any study guide (I mean books). 

You may refer to the official study guide. For online, I find Jerod Brennen CSSLP on linkedin learning can give you a good summary of the domain covered in the CSSLP and he explained the concept also very clear, a very good reminder or revision on what is expected in CSSLP. I have read through his CSSLP, and he has also other learning series on application security too.

John
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

I already took some of these courses few months ago, but in spite that those are good, I feel that I still need some additional preparation, specially practice tests.

Note that at the end, I am not asking about something special, I just would like to have the same kind of materials than in other certifications.

Regards,
csjohnng
Community Champion

Got it.
I think you can look at the
1) NIST SP 800-160 volume 1, it is very good ,well written and relevant,
2)maybe the OWASP Secure Coding Practices-Quick Reference Guide
3) Building Security In Maturity Mode (BSIMM)
4) NIST Mitigating the Risk of Software Vulnerabilities by Adopting a Secure Software Development Framework (SSDF)

These are very good. For practice test, apology i did not take any except the flash cards for all my isc2 exams or each checkpoint question of the study guide for each chapter

John
ravtek
Newcomer I

I would like to understand when the self-paced course was produced and if this is a suitable replacement for the on-live course.  I don't have the time to do the 5-day course during the day.

Does anyone know when the exam questions were last refreshed? 

I've done CISSP and CCSP (purchased self-paced) so not sure if I would need to purchase the self-paced for the CSSLP if the domains overlap a lot.  

Would reading the material in CSSLP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Arthur Conklin) be sufficient?

Please help with any recommendations?

Effort5783
Newcomer I

Does anyone know if the content here is still relevant for today's CSSLP's exam? https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/certificate/csslpr-certified-secure-software-lifecycle-professiona...
EmeraldCityDave
Viewer III

Good question, it looks like the exam was last updated in September of 2020 (based on my web search). The PluralSight course is November 2020. My guess is that they updated for the latest exam. Even if they didn't I don't think you are going to get bad info from the PluralSight course, it just may not cover everything. I have the PluralSight course bookmarked to watch myself.

Effort5783
Newcomer I

That's awesome, thanks Dave
tswern
Newcomer III

There is a course on linkedin learning on CSSLP as well.