Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankMcG
Viewer

Planning for and running a cybersecurity conference

I am curious if planning for and running a cybersecurity conference counts towards CPE's.

If it does, does it fall under "Board Services for a Professional Security Organization" and I want to confirm the maximum for one activity is still 40 CPE's.

----
Frank McG (@FrankMcG)
Cybersecurity @ Fortune 100's
Blue Team Con Founder
2 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@FrankMcG 

I think this question would be best answered by Member Services.

@AndreaMoore Would you be kind enough to forward Frank's request to the appropriate department internally.

Regards

d

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hi @FrankMcG 

I have sent this to our Member Support team on your behalf and asked for someone to reach out to you to provide clarification. I also saw this same question you posted on Twitter. I am not an expert in determining CPE credits; however, I've pasted the policy below (bolding my own emphasis that seems to fit your situation). 

The CPE Handbook states:

Group A Credits: Domain-Related Activities

Group A credits relate directly to activities in the areas covered by the specific domains of the respective credential. Some examples are shown below: • Taking an online self-paced, blended or instructor-led educational course • Reading a magazine, book or whitepaper • Publishing a book, whitepaper or article • Attending a conference (in-person or virtual), educational course, seminar or presentationPreparing for a presentation or teaching information related to information security. This does not apply to (ISC)2 Official Training Courses. • Performing a unique work-related project that is not a part of your normal work duties • Self-study related to research for a project or preparing for a certification examination • Volunteering for government, public sector, and other charitable organizations • Taking a higher education course

I'm not sure what cybersecurity conference you are planning for but you can ALWAYS join us at the (ISC)2 Security Congress (congress.isc2.org) and automatically receive CPE credits added to your account (shameless plug). 😀

ISC2 Community Manager