Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragoon
Newcomer I

Open source project for CPE?

A few months back I was trying to understand some parts of the SSH protocol, and in the process wrote an SSH agent in Rust. Given this is purely security related, would this be something I could count towards category A CPEs for the CISSP?

I easily spent well over 40 hours on it, between reading the SSH RFCs, writing the code, verifying compatibility with different SSH clients (this code also supports PuTTY in addition to openssh and several others) in addition to expanding my knowledge of Rust (which I think would be category B?)

Here's the repo if anybody is interested

https://github.com/1Dragoon/supersecretagent

1 Reply
jenna
Viewer

I have been inspired by your current project how you consistently dedicate your time to researching differences between SSH protocols and how you have decided to write an SSH agent in Rust. This is so in particular that such practical experience falls under Category A CPE for the CISSP.

Thank you for adding a new category to your mindset. You also mention the value that your knowledge of the Rust language brings to your future workers. Those who plan to prepare for the CISSP certification exam can consider using the help of Dumps4Solution for the CISSP Exam in particular for preparation and getting familiar with the form and content of the exam.