Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_sh1kar1
Viewer II

Is certification of completion a requirement to earn CPE?

Hi everyone, I am relatively new here and recently earned my CC certification. I am just wondering if I take an online course without them giving a certificate of completion to me, would ISC2 credit that course for CPEs or not because of the missing certification of completion? I am curious about this because some online platforms give access to free courses but they don't issue the certificate of completion if you don't purchase the course.

2 Replies
jaynevado
Newcomer II

Some ISC2 webinars don't give you a certificate of completion, as long as you input your ISC2 information at the beginning you'll be fine. You'll automatically be credited after a few days.

Otherwise, you'll need to submit CPE credits manually along with proof of completion after completing a course. The amount of credits you put in is based on how many hours of training you've done on that course. You can also take advantage of free resources such as BrightTalk webinar.  Their viewing certificate can also count towards your ISC2 credits.   

Kaity
Community Manager

Absolutely right @jaynevado! Additionally there are many other ways to earn CPE credits that don't involve taking courses. 

You can listen to podcasts, read articles, attend a conference, etc. Lots of options outlined in the CPE handbook which you can find here: https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/MEM-CPE_Handbook-DIGITAL.ashx