Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorkster
Viewer II

ISC2 Cert for CPE Credit

Apologies if this is somewhere, I just can't find it. Are CPEs for passing an ISC2 exam the same as passing a non ISC2 exam?

Example, I have a CISSP and am studying for the CCSP. If passed, I compute CPEs for this just as I would for any other non ISC2 exam. 

Thank You - 

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@dorkster wrote:

Apologies if this is somewhere, I just can't find it. Are CPEs for passing an ISC2 exam the same as passing a non ISC2 exam?

Dorkster,

You can get exactly the same number of CPEducation units for passing an (ISC)2 exam as for passing any other certification exam:

ZERO.

I am curious how you were led to believe that passing an exam is a CPE event. This has been addressed several times in the Community, and the answer has been the same each time.

That said, the good news is that you can claim CPE for the time you spend studying for the exam, as long as the material fits into one of the domains for your existing certification. If I recall correctly, I believe that Andrea @AndreaMoore has stated that we are limited to 40 units (hours) of CPE credit for preparing for any single certification.

Good luck on your next certification.

Andrea, this has been such a recurring question, I suggest that the next edition of the CPE Handbook include an explicit statement on CPE for studying versus passing a certification exam, and clarifying the limits of total credits to be claimed.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
dorkster
Viewer II

Thanks Craig -

I wasn't led to believe I could, which is why I asked. I thought it odd that it was specifically called out that you could obtain CPE's for studying for non ISC exams. Others such as CompTia do for non CompTia exams. To summarize, I searched and could not find anything that said specifically so I asked. Again, I did search but if I just didn't find it my bad. 

Case closed and I appreciate your response, thank you. Back to studying...

- Art