Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
continuing-edu
Newcomer I

How does one offer free CPE credits to CISSP certificate holders?

I am one of the organizers for the upcoming Cloud Security Community Day at the Computer History Museum on March 17, 2023. https://www.csc-day.com 

We would like to offer the attendees free CISSP continuing eduction credits if they speak, attend, or volunteer. What do we need to ensure we do this in a valid manner so that they attendees can confidently expect to get the credits for their efforts?

4 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Please see this page to become a CPE Partner: https://www.isc2.org/Membership/CPE-Partners

Scroll down to the bottom to fill out the interest form. 

Thanks!

ISC2 Community Manager
continuing-edu
Newcomer I

Thanks Andrea. I filled out the form.

CraginS
Defender I

Although becoming an official CPE-Partner will give your support for CPE for (ISC)2 certifications higher visibility. It is not necessary for you to do anything for folks to claim activities with your organization for CPE.

Those who pay attention to the CPE guidance know that they can claim any relevant activity as CPE. For instance, for decades I claimed dozens of hours every year for listening to security-related podcasts, watching author talks on C-SPAN, and also giving classes and presentations on cybersec topics.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
denbesten
Community Champion

If it is just a one-time event, I suggest providing documentation (email, pdf, handout, etc.) memorializing the amount and level of participation.  Beyond just (ISC)², this has the potential to apply to other certifications with CPE requirements.

As @CraginS mentions, we are able to submit CPEs on our own.  The thing you can do to help is provide evidence that will support the submission in the unlikely event that it is selected for audit.  Something as simple as "thank you for your 1-hour "Disaster Preparation presentation", or maybe even just handing out agendas to attendees.