Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igoncalves
Newcomer I

CPE Rules for Presentation Preparation

I have not found clear directions on the CPE for Presentation Preparation for presentations given on security conferences such as OWASP Global AppSec.

It is on the Contributions to the Profession (A) but there is no clear rule for that topic. Could somebody assist here? 

3 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook.ashx

This handbook outlines CPES.

I think you might want to read this section:

Calculating CPE Credits
The CPE categories will provide the number of credits you can earn for each activity. Typically,
you will earn one CPE credit per one-hour time spent in an activity. You can report CPEs in 0.25,
0.50 and 0.75 increments. However, some activities are worth more credits due to the depth of
study or amount of ongoing commitment involved. In general, CPE credits are not earned for
normal on-the-job activities.
If the CPE activity occurred over multiple days, the end date is used to determine eligibility for a
particular certification cycle. For example, if the activity started 1 August 2020 and ended on 5
September 2020, the CPE can be applied to any cycle that was active on 5 September 2020.

Hope this helps

d

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I agree with Diana, you can't go far wrong with the 1 hour of effort = 1 CPE rule of thumb.

Beyond that, (rightly or wrongly) I would liken preparing for a presentation (you're presenting yourself) to be akin to writing an article or chapter in a book so subject to a maximum of 20 CPEs.

igoncalves
Newcomer I

Ok, Alec and Diana. Thanks for the guide. I will use the rule 1 hour = 1 CPE for that.