Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steampunk
Newcomer II

CPE Opportunities for writing articles

I started writing articles on linkedin. Can you get CPE credits for writing a monthly article and if so how many and how do you submit.

Asked support, but the question just directed me back to the handbook.

Dont want to go down a path that could hurt me if I am wrong.

7 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

I recommend, that you keep evidence for the CPE you are claiming as Management can and will audit CPEs from time to time.  My experience only, is that it is within six months but others may have different experience.

When claiming CPEs, you typically can claim the number equivalent to the amount of work (that is, if you spend an hour writing, you may claim an hour).

As to calculating the number of CPEs, I typically follow the rules on Page 14 of the CPE Handbook (typically one hour of work equals 1 CPE).

Submit CPEs through the portal.

Hope this helps

d

steampunk
Newcomer II

Thanks for the response. I will follow your advise.

SP

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@steampunk 

You can always write for the (ISC)2 blog to earn CPE credits as well. 🙂 

@dcontesti has also contributed to our blog before. 

Here is a link to participate/learn more: 

https://www.isc2.org/Volunteer/Volunteer-Opportunities/Knowledge-Sharing-and-Content/Blog-Contributo...

ISC2 Community Manager
dcontesti
Community Champion

Thanks Andrea

I was busy with something and see that you beat me to the punch on the blog.

As well as Blogging, one can also write for the Journal or volunteer to teach cyber awareness.

There are really no limits to the things that folks can do to collect CPEs.

If writing is not your thing, read the journal and take the quizzes.  Watch some of the online training available on the (ISC)2 website via Continuing Education.  Volunteer to become an Item Writer for one of the exams (one can earn up to 21 CPEs for this)

Again hope this helps.

d

steampunk
Newcomer II

I agree. There are alot of opportunities. Was initially concerned about not having enough opportunities, but I am starting to realize it is going to be hard not to meet the 120 then the other way around.

Thanks,

SP

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@steampunk 

Can we quote you on that somewhere? 🙂 

Yes, there are MANY opportunities to earn CPE credits and we have lists on our website. The best approach is to keep track of them while you earn them and not try to cram three years worth of CPE credits in within a week of the due date. 

ISC2 Community Manager
steampunk
Newcomer II

Haha.

Yup. OCD.