cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steampunk
Newcomer II

CPE Credits

Hello Members,

Some certs require you to spread your CPE credits over three years. CISM, I believe, requires 20 credits per year. I take courses frequently and have met my 120 credits in the first 14 months. Does ISC2 require the credits to be spread across three years, or can you complete your CPEs at your own pace?

Sorry if this has been asked already. I checked and didn't see a similar question.....

Regards,

Joseph

3 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

The CPE handbook is the "authoritative source" for answers to questions about CPEs.  Regarding your question, page 7 contains the answer:

For certified members, CPE activities must be completed during the three years of each certification
cycle and no later than the certification expiration date (end of certification cycle). For Associates of
(ISC)2, CPE activities must be completed within their annual cycle.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

No, you can do them all at once right at the end… 😄

But I recommend not doing it that way. For CISSP you’ll need forty a year, I just completed the last 20 or so I required from Brighttalk over February and that was a rush, especially as the CPE site seems to consistently and randomly reject certain submissions on mobile devices. So if you only had say six months to do all your CISSP credits you’d have your work cut out, and if you have a day job would be needing conferences, courses or snookers…

In addition as I hold another two certifications with ISC2 and none of them end at the same time/have the same cycle I find I need to cover all three in the cycle, but CISSP stands out as it requires more CPEs hence the rush.

steampunk
Newcomer II

Thanks. I don't like waiting for the last moment, so I already did my 120 CPEs in the first 1 1/2 years. Keep safe.