cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benpierce79
Newcomer I

Agile Courses for type B CPEs?

Hello,

I'm wondering if a course on Agile could be counted towards type B CPEs?

Specifiically, I'm looking at this course on Udemy for 6.5 credits: https://www.udemy.com/course/agile-scrum-mastery/

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

10 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’d say yes, as participation in management courses. I think that as long as you have documentation, certs screen grabs in case of audit then it’s good.

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook.ashx
benpierce79
Newcomer I

Thank you for the feedback, appreciate the response.

Cheers

AppDefects
Community Champion

Very interesting course and at a great price! Thanks for the link.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Domain 8 of the CISSP covers "Software Development Security".  You might want to claim Type A CPEs for the course.

Although, it would be useful to have someone from HQ provide input on this (@andreamoore can you point this in the right direction)

Regards

d

CraginS
Defender I

@dcontesti wrote:

Domain 8 of the CISSP covers "Software Development Security".  You might want to claim Type A CPEs for the course.

Although, it would be useful to have someone from HQ provide input on this (@andreamoore can you point this in the right direction)

Regards

d

Don't bother asking HQ. Just claim the credit as Type A, Domain 8, as Diana has suggested. 

If you are not aware of Agile, you should learn how Agile developers stage their implementation of required functions in scrums, and the reality of how they may keep putting off security requirements, treating more like "desirements." That is a critical aspect of making sure security is part of the Agile process.

Good luck; it should be a good course.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Beads
Advocate I

PMI has a long course and certification for Agile that is more business orientated that maybe a stretch but I also understand the argument for such a case. Most of my type B's are strictly business orientated such as business statistics and communications, etc.

Planning on going through this Agile course later this year for giggles.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello @benpierce79,

It should qualify as Group A - Taking an online self-paced, blended or instructor-led educational course.

However, as the member you should always use your best judgement as CPE credits can be audited.  

ISC2 Community Manager
Beads
Advocate I

There are two Agiles out there. Agile development and Agile framework for business is a bit different and has less to do with developing software but using the same concepts to accomplish the work of business. This may sound like splitting hairs but later is very much orientated toward business having more to do with project management than software development.

I do see the Agile Framework for business becoming much more accepted even if, like many others, adopted from IT.

- b/eads

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Beads We’re Agile now, and everything is all right... 😛